U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM

792 posts, read 2,804,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
To Centennial Airport I'm guessing you would take 6th Ave to I-25 to Arapahoe Rd. Unfortunately you'd be going with traffic, and bad traffic, the whole way.
How about S. Wads to 470 or a criss-cross combo of sorts across Littleton w/o using 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
To Broomfield-- would you drive up Wadsworth the whole way? or go 6th Ave out of the way to I-25, then skirt up north past downtown and up US-36?
Probably Wads..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,716,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
How about S. Wads to 470 or a criss-cross combo of sorts across Littleton w/o using 25?
C-470 is just as bad as I-25, or worse, with all the people from Highlands Ranch heading to jobs in the Tech Center. In theory you could take Arapahoe Rd all the way from Broadway into the Centennial airport area. I suspect taking surface streets the whole way will probably take longer than just sticking with the freeways, all that time sitting still at red lights really adds up. No matter how you slice it or dice it, it's not a desirable commute.

Why do you ask the question in the first place? What is it about Belmar that's so great?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:10 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,420,410 times
IMO, 90% of the time trying to avoid traffic (taking side-streets, etc), takes more time than dealing with going the "normal" way. That is, unless there is an accident/lane closure that is really messing everything up.

I'm going with Vegas: US-6 east, to I-25 south, east on Arapahoe, south on Peoria.

The traffic on I-25 south during rush hour isn't as bad as one would think.

Yesterday, I got from National Jewish (Colfax/Colorado) to Highlands Ranch (C-470/Lucent), in about 1/2 hour, during the 7am hour. It's smooth sailing if you can manage to get in the left lane. I went Colorado Blvd south, to I-25 south, to C-470, to Lucent.

Now, as for going home to Aurora from HR.......

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,546,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
Also any updates on Light Rail to Belmar tying into exisiting system in LoDo.
The Light Rail on the West Line will not go into Belmar. The Nearest Stations will be north on Wadsworth, at about 13th; west on Alameda, at the Federal Center, off Union; or at Garrison at about 13th.

The West Line will connect into the current Southwest Line just south of Auraria. From there you would transfer to go into Union Station, in LODO.

When this line is complete, you will see feeder buses that will easily connect to these stations.

Livecontent

Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM

27 posts, read 66,824 times
Default Looking at living in Belmar temporarily

Does anyone have any advice on living in Belmar? We are going to be relocating to Denver next month and would like to live in Belmar. The reviews online have been mixed at best. It seems to me that there are a lot of conveniences in the area, and it would make a nice place to start our stay in Denver. Any advice would be welcome. I have read that it can be quite noisy to live there. Is that all the time or more during the warm weather months. I don't anticipate that we will be staying there too long (fingers crossed) while we look for a permanant place to live. Let me know, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,835,119 times
I live in Belmar. I suppose it depends how you define noisy and where exactly in Belmar you are. I have never been woken up or had any trouble falling asleep due to noise. Do we hear cars and people? At times, yes, but it's not objectionable (and we came from a semi-rural location where you could hear a pin drop 1/4 mile away). OTOH, a neighbor of mine faces the Plaza and complains about music from one of the restaurant/bars during summer nights. I don't hear it at all.

Personally, I like the location and the ability to walk to restaurants, stores, the bank, the library, etc. However, to each, his own.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Default Thanks!

Hard to tell what to believe without speaking with people who actually live there. We love all of the amenities the neighborhood has to offer and it will be close to work for my wife (aka The Boss). I will be facing a bit of a haul to work wherever we live. Some of the noise issues seem to be in the buildings themselves. There are some apartments where you can hear your neighbors quite easily. I appreciate the response. We're really excited to be moving to Denver. We spent a week there this summer and my wife lived in the Springs when she was little.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:26 AM

5,083 posts, read 9,093,954 times
How important is it to live "in" Belmar? Seems like a better deal to live a little ways off site and save a bundle. Still could walk over there, but wouldn't be leaving the building and in the streets there. I've seen rentals about six blocks away for about 30-40% less for comparable space.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Default Relocation package

We're on a relocation package so finding the best place is more important than price I suppose. If that meant living close but not in Belmar, that would be fine too. Did you have any specific places that you might suggest outside of Belmar? Let me know. Thanks for the response.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 AM

9,224 posts, read 15,936,235 times
I live in BelMar as well.

Daytime noise level all depends on where you live and if you are adjacent to an area they are doing construction. I have worked from home the entire time while they constructed the Target down the street, only a few times did it ever bother me though mostly it was the BEEP BEEP BEEP from the trucks.

Nighttime noise will consist of the occasional passerby from the movies or bars screaming at 1am that they need to pee. We get a lot of the younger crowd here and they can be rowdy at times.

The worst complaint I have about BelMar is the shoddy construction of the apartments, the condos appear to be a different builder and much better. The apartments are basically like living in a paper house. I can hear my neighbors every move, when they do laundry, take a bath, watch a movie,..etc.

Positives of BelMar: We are condo shopping and have looked around at other areas and I do think BelMar is the one the best places to live: new, everything is walkable, mountains are close and downtown Denver is very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or