Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:52 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
However, we sent Chicago that loser Jay Cutler and received zero in return.
Sure we did.

Moving Cutler brought us Kyle Orton. 1.75 seasons of completely zero personality football.

Which brought us TebowMania, which we should all be embarrassed for now.

Which brought us a 180, or rather, #18.

Which brought us a divisional round loss, a completely lackluster Super Bowl appearance, along with a TBD that I'm not as excited about as I could be.

I never think of losing Cutler as a zero return.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:55 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Denver still needs a new "tallest" building. This is the only current proposal for downtown that is interesting:

1144 FIFTEENTH : Introducing an Icon

If they added 20 stories to it, then we might have something
Yeah Denver has only built one fairly tall skyscraper in the last 20 years, and that is of course the Four Seasons on 14th street. While that building is a nice addition it is in no way a groundbreaking design that dazzles the eye, nor is it taller than the "Big 3" skyscrapers of Denver.

The tall skyscraper boom in Denver was in the mid to late 80's when the "big 3" buildings were all constructed. Since then most buildings that have been constructed are under 350 feet tall (with the exception of the four seasons of course).

I agree Denver needs an eye-catching and stand alone tall skyscraper. The skyline is now seeming quite dated IMHO. The cash register building is a unique design but doesn't really stand out from the rest like the tallest buildings in other similarly sized cities like Seattle or Minneapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:36 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Sure we did.

Moving Cutler brought us Kyle Orton. 1.75 seasons of completely zero personality football.

Which brought us TebowMania, which we should all be embarrassed for now.

Which brought us a 180, or rather, #18.

Which brought us a divisional round loss, a completely lackluster Super Bowl appearance, along with a TBD that I'm not as excited about as I could be.

I never think of losing Cutler as a zero return.
LOL . . . . Thanks . . . I need that after just doing my quarterly taxes!

Old 01-06-2015, 11:21 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Quote:

The Chicago Theater was the backdrop for the Styx Paradise Theater album. Our Paramount Theater hasn't inspired anyone yet.
Umm Red Rocks

Old 01-07-2015, 08:42 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Umm Red Rocks
Exactly. A lot of musicians call it the best venue in the "world". I tend to agree with them.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:10 AM

694 posts, read 1,039,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Exactly. A lot of musicians call it the best venue in the "world". I tend to agree with them.
I would agree with that.

Unfortunately, they need to fix the parking situation. It's not like it was back in the late 70's and early 80's when some big shows didn't even sell out. Springsteen in August of 1981 was only about 3/4 full.

Now, every show seems to sell out not only due to fans of that artist, but those visiting the venue as a tourist attraction. Last summer's parking situation was a disgrace. The only reason I attended 1 show (Sarah McLachlan) was having been given tickets from a friend who works for AEG and he arranaged for me to park in the VIP area and ride the shuttle van up to the backstage entrance. However, leaving the venue after the show was a nightmare.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I would agree with that.

Unfortunately, they need to fix the parking situation. It's not like it was back in the late 70's and early 80's when some big shows didn't even sell out. Springsteen in August of 1981 was only about 3/4 full.

Now, every show seems to sell out not only due to fans of that artist, but those visiting the venue as a tourist attraction. Last summer's parking situation was a disgrace. The only reason I attended 1 show (Sarah McLachlan) was having been given tickets from a friend who works for AEG and he arranaged for me to park in the VIP area and ride the shuttle van up to the backstage entrance. However, leaving the venue after the show was a nightmare.
Really? I went to half a dozen shows last summer, all sold out, and I don't think it was much worse than it has been. Some people don't like walking but what are you going to do, install escalators?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:45 AM

529 posts, read 1,547,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyy View Post
exactly. A lot of musicians call it the best venue in the "world". I tend to agree with them.
yes!

Old 01-07-2015, 01:37 PM

384 posts, read 507,798 times
Red Rocks is tough on older but non handicapped people attending.

The walk from a lower lot to seats is hard on some folks. Doesn't bother me, but when I've taken my parents, we always take the shuttle from the bottom to the top so they don't have to climb so many stairs.

An escalator would actually be nice Totally unrealistic and highly unlikely to happen, but it'd be nice!. A system of golf cart and bus shuttles would likely be easier and cheaper to implement. And mostly that's needed to get people in. The walk back down the hill isn't as hard for most.

Without changing much of the landscape, I'd be in favor of a little more leveling of some of the lower lots and better sidewalks (if not actually paving).

Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM

They did put a new paved sidewalk in to the lower south lot last summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver