U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
 
Location: The North
5,070 posts, read 9,064,436 times
Reputation: 4039

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Maybe if they put it on Federal?
Still wouldn't cut it, they wouldn't get the mass of people and would get a lot of non-Mexicans too. I have noticed recently a lot of non-Mexicans in the Mexican places in and around Federal. All of them get on Yelp so they can't hide. And they just can't leave green chile off the menu, even though they should just on the principle of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2014, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
Reputation: 12948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
All of them get on Yelp so they can't hide. And they just can't leave green chile off the menu, even though they should just on the principle of it.
Agreed on both counts.
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, and the Washington state forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2014, 05:53 AM
 
Location: CO
2,591 posts, read 5,988,228 times
Reputation: 3407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Still wouldn't cut it, they wouldn't get the mass of people and would get a lot of non-Mexicans too. I have noticed recently a lot of non-Mexicans in the Mexican places in and around Federal. All of them get on Yelp so they can't hide. And they just can't leave green chile off the menu, even though they should just on the principle of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Agreed on both counts.
C'mon guys. You're in Colorado, all food must be smothered. Our green chile wars rival our water wars.

Last edited by suzco; 12-18-2014 at 06:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Colorado - Oh, yeah!
833 posts, read 1,434,167 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
C'mon guys. You're in Colorado, all food must be smothered. Our green chile wars rival our water wars.
Damn right!

That's one thing I am SO looking forward to when I get back there, green chile on everything! There's one place in Tucson that has proper green chile - not the tomatillo based stuff that is more popular down here. It only seats about 25 people and it's normal for the line to be out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
Reputation: 12948
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
C'mon guys. You're in Colorado, all food must be smothered. Our green chile wars rival our water wars.
I know, hard for me to assimilate though.

There's a few places here that almost do Mex food CA style, so I'm well tided over.
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, and the Washington state forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,530 posts, read 10,200,595 times
Reputation: 9757
Founded Casa Bonita, Taco Bueno, Crystal's Pizza, and Burger Street.

Casa Bonita founder Bill Waugh dies at the age of 79 - The Denver Post

Back in the day (1985-95) the food wasn't as bad as it is now.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-09-2016 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM
 
9 posts, read 13,593 times
Reputation: 25
went to Casa Bonita last night because our son and friends wanted to go. same pig slop food they served 25 years ago!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Aurora, Colorado
5,440 posts, read 8,112,014 times
Reputation: 4482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34redrage View Post
went to Casa Bonita last night because our son and friends wanted to go. same pig slop food they served 25 years ago!!!!
Does it still smell like mold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM
 
1,247 posts, read 919,712 times
Reputation: 1433
I went there for a friends kids Bday....word of advice if you want to save yourself 5 mins, take your plate immediately into the bathroom and dump it in the toilet. Saves time and pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2016, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,530 posts, read 10,200,595 times
Reputation: 9757
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I went there for a friends kids Bday....word of advice if you want to save yourself 5 mins, take your plate immediately into the bathroom and dump it in the toilet. Saves time and pain.
That's an awful expensive flush...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top