Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 07:39 PM

10 posts, read 12,899 times

Advertisements

From a finance point Stapleton is doable. Problem is I don't see any mountain bike trailes that are easily accessible. Am I missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 07:46 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmabiker View Post
From a finance point Stapleton is doable. Problem is I don't see any mountain bike trailes that are easily accessible. Am I missing something?
Within riding distance? I'm not a mtn biker, but I could see that being limited there. If you don't mind a 20 minute drive, you can be at Table Mountain or Golden area. Lots of options there.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:54 PM

Definitely within riding distance. Planning 2 a days to get back into racing shape. Tough to balance that and the day job if I have to commute to the trails.

The primary impetus to move to co is to have world class trails within riding distance.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:57 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Definitely within riding distance. Planning 2 a days to get back into racing shape. Tough to balance that and the day job if I have to commute to the trails.

The primary impetus to move to co is to have world class trails within riding distance.
Gotcha. Have you looked at the Golden area?

Old 12-22-2014, 08:31 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
My opinion is; I had three kids in Dougco schools. One kid is in college in California. Her math and English teachers have both emailed me saying how wonderfully prepared my kid is.

I moved from Jeffco to HR. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The OP should do their own research and form their own opinion.
I agree that the OP should form his own opinion, but he needs to look for both sides of the story. He should also look at the individual schools that his child might attend and visit, if possible.

I respect your opinion. My opinion is: It is not about where the district was. Where it was was just fine. It is about where the district is going. If you have young kids, that is what you should concern you.

I don't know anything about your child, but I could regale you with the many success of stories of my students.

DCSD pays much lower starting wages for most teachers. It is becoming a place to get a job, bide your time for 4-5 years and then move to Cherry Creek and Littleton for a pretty big pay raise. This holds true for both teachers and administrators.

The environment is toxic. The board will not speak to the teachers. The population is split. This is not a recipe for success.

What DCSD had become, is what many of us in Jeffco are fighting to prevent. Some damage has been done, but both students and parents in Jeffco are willing to stand up to prevent us from becoming a Douglas County.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:17 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
I'm not into biking (just running) and I have plenty of neighbors into mountain biking. Some ride bikes to work downtown (lots of bike lanes) and I know there's some network of bike trails that go through Stapleton. Obviously there wouldn't be much in the way of steep terrain.

http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/708...2012_Final.pdf

This map shows what appears to be a Sand Creek trail that links into others. Probably a good map for bikers no matter where you live in the metro area.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:36 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Oh, so the river is lazy?? Did you ever stop to think that river is doing the best it can?

Our rec center in Stapleton has a high performing river!
Well, the river got caught up in the legalization of marijuana and now its motivation has disappeared.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:24 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Well, the river got caught up in the legalization of marijuana and now its motivation has disappeared.
lol!

Old 12-23-2014, 11:36 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
I just moved from Lowry to Stapleton, in large part for the schools. My son starts middle school next year. We've been happy with Lowry Elementary but I was less enthused about the middle school and especially the high school. We have to go through the choice process for middle school and you aren't guaranteed a spot at your top choice but I think the options are all pretty good. In Lowry, you can also go with the choice process but some of the schools we are most interested in do not have any openings once the Stapleton and Park Hill preferences are applied.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback on Lowry and Stapleton. Unfortunately trails are just too far away. Contenders from a trails point of view are golden, Boulder, Littleton and highlands ranch. Castle rock is decent, but not quite there.

For an idea of the trails I'm looking for check out Mountain bike trails & Mountain bike reviews || Singletracks.com || SINGLETRACKS.COM and look for blue and black trails around Denver. Of particular interest is the Colorado trail.

Highlands Ranch is still the front runner. A lot can change in the next 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver