U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:34 PM

556 posts, read 578,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Provence, France.
But, I lack the financial wherewithal to accomplish this mission.
You only lack it now There is always time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:37 PM

13,238 posts, read 24,442,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I have a friend that feels Colorado has hardened her personality. Is that kind of what you mean by jaded too and either way why?
Yeah, it's like I'm not me all the way, like I'm somebody else for the sake of conforming (to an extent) so as to not being completely shut out. Like people don't quite "get" me here when I speak/act naturally, and like there's some invisible pressure to conform to some sort of stereotype.

As for why, I don't know. I just don't feel "free", if that makes any sense.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:53 PM

416 posts, read 440,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yeah, it's like I'm not me all the way, like I'm somebody else for the sake of conforming (to an extent) so as to not being completely shut out. Like people don't quite "get" me here when I speak/act naturally, and like there's some invisible pressure to conform to some sort of stereotype.

As for why, I don't know. I just don't feel "free", if that makes any sense.
It makes complete sense.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,298,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
LOL

I guess I should have seen that coming

What made you move to Denver and what makes you want to move back? Very curious about that. What part of OC? I live in the Pasadena area, and while nice, it's rather pricey.
We lived in the City of Orange. We moved here for a job transfer, cheaper housing, and we didn't want to raise kids where we lived because we're a gay couple and didn't see people there being very accepting of it.

Only thing I don't like here is winter weather. I don't even like winter in OC lol!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 PM

2,519 posts, read 3,511,457 times
I love front range Colorado and it is very much "me". But I would still like to live somewhere else. This list includes:
- Maine (probably Portland)
- Pacific Northwest (not sure where, don't know enough)
- San Diego
- Hawaii (not sure which Island)
- Cambodia (to study antiquities in the Angkor Wat area but I'm not an anthropologist so they probably wouldn't want me)
- Tenerife in the Canary Islands - Tenerife is known internationally as the "Island of Eternal Spring" (Isla de la Eterna Primavera).[39] The island, being on a latitude of the Sahara Desert, enjoys a warm climate year-round with an average of 13–18 C in the winter and 24–28 C in the summer and high sunshine totals.
- Tasmania - Tasmania is promoted as the natural state, and A World Apart, Not A World Away owing to its large and relatively unspoiled natural environment. Almost 45% of Tasmania lies in reserves, national parks and World Heritage Sites.

To do this I'm thinking when we retire we downsize into a little tiny place in front range CO and then leave it empty while we go rent in my dream locations for a minimum of 6 mths each. Ideally a year each.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
My forum name says it all

I grew up on the east coast and lived in Colorado for over 40 years. While Colorado is beautiful, I really missed the ocean. When it came time to retire, my husband and I looked for someplace warm and near the ocean, and now we live part of the year in Hawaii!
Ma'am we salute you and your husband for figuring out how to live. You can't do better than Colorado in summer and HI for Colorado's winter. Well done.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 PM

1,255 posts, read 928,107 times
Somewhere that isnt being flooded by CA residents desperately trying to flee and ruin another state.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:05 PM

556 posts, read 578,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Somewhere that isnt being flooded by CA residents desperately trying to flee and ruin another state.
Uhh, thanks I guess. **** people for trying to better their lives, right?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 PM

6,566 posts, read 10,283,969 times
I made the mistake of moving from Colorado to Dallas for a job opportunity several years ago. I had the chance to rectify that serious error in judgement and I'm happy right where I am, although I'd move to the interior of the Black Hills if I could convince my wife and find a good job.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:14 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,024,122 times
Less than fifty steps to prime Laguna Beach front sand these days(Heisler Park) .sitting around the bon fire and snuggling with my baby ( black lab, pit bull mix) mid winter 20 below....Kenosha Pass..Colorado has so many great options.

Last edited by Scott5280; 01-13-2015 at 10:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver