U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:06 AM

12,277 posts, read 8,081,631 times

Advertisements

I dream of living in Vancouver. I love that city. I would also love to live in a place facing Windansea in La Jolla or anywhere in Del Mar.

Last edited by Timmyy; 01-14-2015 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 AM

12,277 posts, read 8,081,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Somewhere that isnt being flooded by CA residents desperately trying to flee and ruin another state.
I bet you blame Californians for everything.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 AM

9,584 posts, read 5,794,323 times
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Burlington Vermont, Portland Maine, Durango, CO. Those are some of my current dream places.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 AM

898 posts, read 991,459 times
Denver, CO

I like the live and let live attitude, I like the more relaxed outdoors-y vibe, I like the size of the city and I like the people I meet here.

As for weather, I like low humidity and hate rain. I do well in all temperatures as long as it's not extremely humid and love snow and sun. Just hate the rain, and hate gloomy days.

As for terrain I love the mountains and the different options they bring. It really is the great outdoors. We do a ton of hiking, jeeping, horseback riding etc. and love our options here.

Seems like Denver fits the bill don't it?

The only thing I miss - I always lived in the ocean and will forever miss having an ocean nearby.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:24 AM

384 posts, read 408,739 times
Since this is a dream, can I split my time between Vail and Key West?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM

9,584 posts, read 5,794,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by step33 View Post
Yes you can!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:35 AM

556 posts, read 577,765 times
Quote:
I mean technically you can split time between Mars and the Marianas Trench if you like It's YOUR dream after all!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:42 AM

384 posts, read 408,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
I mean technically you can split time between Mars and the Marianas Trench if you like It's YOUR dream after all!
This is true. A slightly more serious answer would be the San Francisco area. I'd like to try that out for a while, but wouldn't want to go there unless money was no object, and that's mostly for the food choices.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 AM

2,517 posts, read 3,504,493 times
Quote:
This is true. A slightly more serious answer would be the San Francisco area. I'd like to try that out for a while, but wouldn't want to go there unless money was no object, and that's mostly for the food choices.
I used to live there. The food is GREAT! But if you want to go hiking you have to stand in line at any point in the trail where there is restricted flow like at any place where you climb up or go up rock stairs. And I mean you literally stand in line. There is just too many people in the bay area for the available outdoor activities that are convenient to drive to.

Then I moved to CO and was amazed that sometimes I would see no one on a trail. Not one single solitary person. Then I got a dog because being by myself on the trail all the time with the mountain lions and the bears was kind of creepy.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:51 AM

1,808 posts, read 2,083,934 times
I love Denver. I really do. But like David A. said, I don't feel 100% ME here yet. Maybe it's because I've only been here 7 months, but I find myself longing for Phoenix again. I had lots of friends there, so I'm sure that's part of it. I also miss the beautiful winters there. That said, I've always felt most at home in the PNW whenever I've visited. I don't know why, but maybe it's all the green, the scenery, and the laid back vibe (even moreso than here). I find it stunningly beautiful. I'd live in Portland or Seattle in a heartbeat if given the chance. The only thing stopping me would be distance to family and the fact I don't really know anyone there. That's something important to consider, no doubt.

That said, I'm definitely going to give it a few more years at least before I decide if this is where I'm going to stay for a while. I do love the mountains being only 20 minutes away and all the opportunities for recreation that entails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver