U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:30 PM

13,675 posts, read 13,496,882 times

Advertisements

You need to target the right demographic, really. I've found the "Menver" story to be quite true, but with caveats.

Yeah, there are more guys than women, but what a lot of women don't realize is that 1) this is a very transitional city - people move here as a stepping stone to moving somewhere else, and 2) there are A LOT of distractions for men here (and women, but we're talking about dudes right now).

There's pro sports teams for every possible sport, legal pot, amazing mountains for hiking and winter sports, interesting groups to join, bars, distilleries, breweries, concerts out the wazoo, camping, lectures, readings, bookstores, coffee shops, etc. (And the list is the same for women, for the most part.) If you're bored in Denver, there's something wrong with you.

So target women who are looking for a guy who wants a relationship, and then let it ride. Don't look to define it right away. When a member of either sex is too eager to get into a relationship, it can be a turnoff for someone who is happy with their life. And avail yourself of the many other things this city has to offer. There's a ton to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 03:32 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,892,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Being a guy from SoCal with a wife from Miami, I have to agree.

I wouldn't want to be single here, I don't think I would be happy. Women here dress like they are going camping lol.
I would have to import an exotic from out of the state .
You guys a rough crowd lol. What ever happened to inner beauty. I am glad my gf is a Southern Belle and they love their men for more than just looks. God Bless America.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:39 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,903,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
You guys a rough crowd lol. What ever happened to inner beauty. I am glad my gf is a Southern Belle and they love their men for more than just looks. God Bless America.
Funny you say that even though your gf is an import too

My approach to being a single guy(many moons ago) was to flood myself with available women from many backgrounds, I need tons of variety that Denver just couldn't provide.

P.S. Being single in Miami and LA was amazing though HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
When I was a single dude in my 20s in Denver, I was able to find a husband! We've been together for 18 years now. Oh... different thread. Menver was good to me.
HAHAHA well that's a different definition of Menver.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Funny you say that even though your gf is an import too

My approach to being a single guy(many moons ago) was to flood myself with available women from many backgrounds, I need tons of variety that Denver just couldn't provide.

P.S. Being single in Miami and LA was amazing though HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Being single anywhere is amazing if you have a lot of money. My buddy is 5'8 230 lbs and he gets almost any women he wants, granted he is from a super rich family and his dad has his own plane. Gorgeous women usually want a successful guy like a doctor or lawyer and a guy they can feel secure with over looks, guys generally just go for looks and a decent personality lol. I agree with you that Miami and LA are great places to be single.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Being single anywhere is amazing if you have a lot of money. My buddy is 5'8 230 lbs and he gets almost any women he wants, granted he is from a super rich family and his dad has his own plane. Gorgeous women usually want a successful guy like a doctor or lawyer and a guy they can feel securer with over looks, guys generally just go for looks and a decent personality lol. I agree with you that Miami and LA are great places to be single.
It is all scientifically proven here in the Universal Hot Crazy Matrix. SCIENCE FOLKS! Can't argue it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

Old 01-20-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
It is all scientifically proven here in the Universal Hot Crazy Matrix. SCIENCE FOLKS! Can't argue it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU
I am not rich or sexy but I have a super gorgeous girlfriend, I guess its my winning personality that does it. This was a pretty accurate you tube clip thou, very true for the most part. I feel blessed now.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:48 PM

695 posts, read 802,206 times
Quote:
Gorgeous women usually want a successful guy like a doctor or lawyer
I'll have to start using that . . . . I'll keep you updated.

Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 PM

808 posts, read 795,634 times
I've not been impressed with dating scene in "Menver".

Lots of hipster-looking guys with facial hair, skinny jeans, guys that look like they're about to climb a mountain or only have outdoors on their mind.

I'm personally more into tie/suit/clean cut look, work and family oriented values, and I'm just not finding many men to suit my taste in CO.

It almost seems like a lot of Denver men are intimidated by women or afraid to ask them out. Gender equality galore... To each their own I suppose.

I have to say that there are lots of pretty and fit gals in CO and their North Face looks good on them. Imho you won't find many feminine "dress and heels" girly girls here but rather chicks who drive their Jeep Wranglers and will kick your derriere in snowboarding, rock climbing and all that. If that's what you want, Denver will feel like paradise to you.

If you're looking for a more traditional relationship I'd look into the southern states/midwest/east.

Last edited by Flavia84; 01-21-2015 at 11:02 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
I've not been impressed with dating scene in "Menver".

Lots of hipster-looking guys with facial hair, skinny jeans, guys that look like they're about to climb a mountain or only have outdoors on their mind.

I'm personally more into tie/suit/clean cut look, work and family oriented values, and I'm just not finding many men to suit my taste in CO.

To each their own I suppose.

I have to say that there are lots of pretty and fit gals in CO and their North Face looks good on them. Imho you won't find many feminine "dress and heels" girly girls here but rather chicks who'll kick your derriere in snowboarding, rock climbing and all that.
That sucks, you making it seem like the men are women in Colorado and the women are men lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or