Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:53 AM

194 posts, read 273,061 times

Advertisements

It seems they are playing a long game. Establish customers via Target to later support stand alone stores. Seems smart, it will be tough to enter the market, but stand alone openings will be a little easier now. Can't stand Walgreens so this will be good to see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 10:09 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
CVS is awesome!! I love them coming from Miami

Old 06-30-2016, 01:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
My Mom sent me a $15 CVS gift card - I have been holding onto it for 8 months. I went to Maryland for my college reunion and spent the $15 on bandaids, liquid bandage, (for the son) and cold drinks - because how do you eat crabs with boo-boos on your fingertips?

Old 07-01-2016, 06:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by step33 View Post
I think there was a CVS at the corner of Simms and Bellevue for about 10 minutes. Opened and then shut to become a Goodwill. As noted, they were coming here, but those plans clearly went out the door with the Eckerd thing. Walgreens is open across the street from that old CVS.

Back in the Midwest it is not even slightly unusual to see a Walgreens on one corner and CVS across the street 200 feet away. Both open and busy! Of course, back there, they can sell beer and liquor if they want - can't do that with Colorado's silly liquor laws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I shopped at that store on Simms and Bellview several times during those ten minutes lol.. It threw me off how quickly they abandoned that location.
These were never CVS stores in Colorado. The Belleview and Simms store was a part of a 2003-2004 expansion of Eckerd's into Colorado. CVS bought Eckerd's, but did not want the Colorado stores, so the Eckerd's here were all closed.

Some of the store buildings weren't even finished when the closings were announced. Some were converted to Rite Aids, others became other things like Goodwill or, in the case of the building at Kipling and Chatfield, O'Reilly's Auto parts.

Read about it here.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:33 PM

7,514 posts, read 13,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
These were never CVS stores in Colorado. The Belleview and Simms store was a part of a 2003-2004 expansion of Eckerd's into Colorado. CVS bought Eckerd's, but did not want the Colorado stores, so the Eckerd's here were all closed.

Some of the store buildings weren't even finished when the closings were announced. Some were converted to Rite Aids, others became other things like Goodwill or, in the case of the building at Kipling and Chatfield, O'Reilly's Auto parts.

Read about it here.
The unfinished Eckerd's in Broomfield became a Walgreen's.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Br...4d-105.0674317

Old 07-02-2016, 07:38 AM

958 posts, read 1,146,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
CVS is awesome!! I love them coming from Miami
Then you must have never been to another pharmacy. Cvs sucks and i am very glad to have not seen a single one in this state.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:41 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
There used to be a very tiny CVS pharmacy on 18th near St. Joes.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:03 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Then you must have never been to another pharmacy. Cvs sucks and i am very glad to have not seen a single one in this state.
I don’t know if they suck, but there is certainly nothing you can buy at a CVS, that you can’t buy at Walgreens. When I lived in California the Longs Drugs near me was taken over by CVS. The first difference I noticed was that as soon as the store was restocked with CVS merchandise, the shelves were 50% empty. About six or nine months later, they remodeled the store and put in a new wall, and downsized the store by one-third. Within a year or two Walgreens doubled their number of stores in the area and opened one right across the street from the CVS, and took pretty much all of the former Longs customers.

I don’t think anybody in California was impressed with CVS. If somebody thinks there is something special about CVS, then I agree they have probably never shopped anyplace else.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:35 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I don’t know if they suck, but there is certainly nothing you can buy at a CVS, that you can’t buy at Walgreens. When I lived in California the Longs Drugs near me was taken over by CVS. The first difference I noticed was that as soon as the store was restocked with CVS merchandise, the shelves were 50% empty. About six or nine months later, they remodeled the store and put in a new wall, and downsized the store by one-third. Within a year or two Walgreens doubled their number of stores in the area and opened one right across the street from the CVS, and took pretty much all of the former Longs customers.

I don’t think anybody in California was impressed with CVS. If somebody thinks there is something special about CVS, then I agree they have probably never shopped anyplace else.
We have a CVS and a Walgreen's catty corner from each other right down the street from us. These two stores get prescriptions called in and mixed up so often, that they have a hotline to call each other and send people across the street to the correct store, whichever that one happens to be. They're all on a first name basis.

It's annoying when it happens to you (and it's happened to me twice) but at the same time, it's kind of funny.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:41 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
https://www.google.com/#q=cvs+pharmacy+denver+colorado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver