U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 10:03 PM

397 posts, read 587,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
The OP still hasn't disclosed their housing budget, however, those areas you mentioned are still not cheap and the best you can get for 250K is a small 2 bedroom, if any are on the market. My friend recently purchased a 3 bed, 1 3/4 bath on 1 acre in Conifer and that was 299K. No garage and Jeffco won't allow for one on his property.
Thanks, but when I orginally posted suggested areas, it was solely based on the wants and needs of the OP and there wasn't a housing budget from the OP until after my post.

I agree that $300,000 is entry level in the areas that I stated, but not impossible. I just put a house Under Contract on Friday afternoon for $349,900 in Morrison (close to Aspen Park) with 3BR/3BA and 2 car attached garage on 2.5 acres that is Southern facing and has been totally remodeled with very nice finishes including stainless steel appliances and slab granite counters. It was on the MLS for 20 minutes and I was getting my Buyers in to see it. It sounds like your friends should've used me as their broker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 4,706 times
Guys, at first I was really discouraged, regarding my budget and all of my nature-based desires... But a great deal of your recommendations have been from the heart and I thank you for that! Sounds like some places are chicken friendly, others sound like if I can reprioritize my list of wants I should find somewhere nice for my family to call home. +mic111, +JWEvergreen, +alliern: your continued input is greatly appreciated; +woob: never thought about old farmhouses! The search continues...

Last edited by s27fel; 02-09-2015 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-16-2018, 12:50 PM

6 posts, read 4,706 times
Default Nm

Everyone was right, and Colorado was out of my price range...happy to report that peace of mind was here at home and I'll be staying in my home state but will visit beautiful Colorado often. Thank you to all responses, even the hateful ones

Old 06-17-2018, 07:57 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,807,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s27fel View Post
Everyone was right, and Colorado was out of my price range...happy to report that peace of mind was here at home and I'll be staying in my home state but will visit beautiful Colorado often. Thank you to all responses, even the hateful ones
Thanks for the update, and please come visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver