U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 01:10 PM

12,247 posts, read 8,036,209 times

Advertisements

It seems there have been a lot more East Coasters moving here the last few years compared to the West Coasters, especially from Florida.

I want this bumper sticker.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 02:54 PM

21,002 posts, read 11,624,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
It seems there have been a lot more East Coasters moving here the last few years compared to the West Coasters, especially from Florida.

ha, love it!

Old 02-19-2015, 02:59 PM

13,227 posts, read 24,316,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

A neighbor down the street has one that says

i'm not a NATIVE but i got here as fast as i could

The word NATIVE takes up about 80% of the sticker.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:01 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Yeah, you would think that all of the states had equal population.

Coloradans should be happy that there aren't MORE of us (CA'ians) here.
Yeah, but they NEED us Californians! If it weren't for us, there'd be no Trader Joe's and they still be referring to freeways as "highways" or "I-25" lol!

Old 02-19-2015, 03:04 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,215,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by step33 View Post
Not valid for statistical purposes, but at my company, we have a bunch of folks from Wisconsin, a few from California and then "native" is probably third and after that it's from all over. As noted above, I am usually surprised when someone is from Colorado. Non-natives make up 95% of my circle.

I believe there are studies that talk about Colorado's highly educated work force, but the caveat is a large percentage of those people were educated outside the state. Interesting population distribution for sure.

And heck, I bet I know 30 people from my little town in IL that live in Colorado now. The place is definitely a magnet for people that have tired of the midwest.

The one group I find most entertaining isn't the Californian's (most aren't from there either), it's the Texans. They seem to just behave a bit.......
I know of a person on my block who was born and raised here. One.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:31 PM

546 posts, read 1,485,986 times
I've been meeting a lot of people who came here from the midwest lately.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:41 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,249,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by step33 View Post
And heck, I bet I know 30 people from my little town in IL that live in Colorado now. The place is definitely a magnet for people that have tired of the midwest.

At one point, 10 other people from my graduating class in high school were out here in Colorado (one was in Grand Junction, one's in Colorado Springs, and the rest were scattered throughout Denver.) One left when she and her husband (from the class ahead of us) divorced and she went back to St. Louis.

But at one point, I kept running into a *lot* of people from St. Louis--including a manager at a place I worked years ago who dated a girl I'd went to high school with (he'd gone to a different high school). And one of my friends I made out here was from Alton, IL, originally (just across the river, counted as a suburb of St. Louis.)

Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 AM

666 posts, read 1,036,965 times
I really don't get the whole "I'm native" thing. None of us are natives of anything here except true Native Americans.

Oh, but you were BORN here, right? Where's here? Within the city limits? County limits? State borders? Country borders? Why don't we all just keep our high school rival mentality. Our we could grow the F up and stop acting like children about where people chose to live.

Who cares if someone moves to be where they feel they belong. And what's wrong with someone moving to a new area because their job took them there?

Seriously, it's incredibly stupid.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 AM

12,247 posts, read 8,036,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
I really don't get the whole "I'm native" thing. None of us are natives of anything here except true Native Americans.

Oh, but you were BORN here, right? Where's here? Within the city limits? County limits? State borders? Country borders? Why don't we all just keep our high school rival mentality. Our we could grow the F up and stop acting like children about where people chose to live.

Who cares if someone moves to be where they feel they belong. And what's wrong with someone moving to a new area because their job took them there?

Seriously, it's incredibly stupid.
I couldn't agree more. We are all still a part of the same country.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM

2,514 posts, read 3,487,165 times
The funniest where are you from conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crAv5ttax2I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver