Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:41 AM

124 posts, read 173,942 times

Advertisements

I have looked on the web and I am finding conflicting information - that pitts are banned only within the city limits (which means?), that they are banned in Arvada (or Aurora) only. Can someone preferably who owns one tell me please? We would like to adopt a pitt puppy when we move there but the notion that someone could potentially seize my animal and put him down is heart stoppingly awful. What about Boulder?

By the way, if this is true -- amazingly bigoted & moronic. I know the city has gang issues but how about umm dealing with things like poverty, gun laws, lack of education, etc. -- rather than heaping the problems on a dog breed? (And you legalized pot for god's sake, that's just schizophrenic!) It seems like a South Park episode. Anyway, I meant just to ask the question not rant.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:47 AM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
YES

where to rent with pit bulls

Old 03-01-2015, 12:31 PM

694 posts, read 1,038,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverphonics View Post
I have looked on the web and I am finding conflicting information - that pitts are banned only within the city limits (which means?), that they are banned in Arvada (or Aurora) only. Can someone preferably who owns one tell me please? We would like to adopt a pitt puppy when we move there but the notion that someone could potentially seize my animal and put him down is heart stoppingly awful. What about Boulder?

By the way, if this is true -- amazingly bigoted & moronic. I know the city has gang issues but how about umm dealing with things like poverty, gun laws, lack of education, etc. -- rather than heaping the problems on a dog breed? (And you legalized pot for god's sake, that's just schizophrenic!) It seems like a South Park episode. Anyway, I meant just to ask the question not rant.
Write your congressman.

Sounds like you already have a negative attitude about the place. Maybe you should consider moving elsewhere. I understand Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama encourage pit bulls.

I know of one rancher in SE Oklahoma who uses pit bulls to guard his mary jane crop.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM

124 posts, read 173,942 times
Righto, Johnydenver, so any word of criticism about the place and I should find somewhere else? No place is Shang ra la, I am quite aware of that. And equating pitbulls with only southern states and ranchers -- as if there were something wrong with either of those -- is a statement more to do with your limited world view than the issue I raised, let alone the city of Denver.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:55 PM

Default Yes, indeed

Quote:
with only southern states ... -- as if there were something wrong with either of those
There is something very wrong with the southern states (of which OK is not one).
They formed a Confederacy and tried to secede from the Union.
They lost the War of Northern Aggression and yet, 160+ years later are still upset about that.
Did I forget to mention that the governments (state and local) have been oppressing 1/2 their population during that time?

Last edited by davebarnes; 03-01-2015 at 03:47 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 03:32 PM

694 posts, read 1,038,933 times
Quote:
Righto, Johnydenver, so any word of criticism about the place and I should find somewhere else? No place is Shang ra la, I am quite aware of that. And equating pitbulls with only southern states and ranchers -- as if there were something wrong with either of those -- is a statement more to do with your limited world view than the issue I raised, let alone the city of Denver.
July 13, 2010: Hooverphonics posted: Hi all, So I left NYC about 2 months ago for southern CA and I want to move back NOW. It is beautiful here and all that but I don't belong, I am like a penguin in Tahiti, and also the jobs/pay are better in ny.

Seems like you're not happy no matter where you live.

Last edited by JohnnyDenver; 03-01-2015 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: word usage

Old 03-01-2015, 03:46 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,546,884 times
What does pot have to do with pit bulls?

Old 03-01-2015, 03:49 PM

Default Sometimes, you slay me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
What does pot have to do with pit bulls?
There is only a single vowel difference between the two words. They is practically the same.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:53 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,659,149 times
OP, if you have your heart set on a pitbull, then at least you are doing the smart thing by finding out ahead of time what your rental limitations are going to be. Follow the link that davebarnes provided and read through some of the discussions coming from pitbull owners as well as landlords. While you might not agree with the laws and people's attitudes, it's reality so don't waste your breath ranting.

You asked the question: "that pitts are banned only within the city limits (which means?)". Basically, the Denver metro area is a big giant mass made up of many cities, towns, and counties that all have their own laws regarding animals. You also need to know that an Englewood address, for example, may be in the Englewood city limits or it may be a mailing address in unincorporated Arapahoe County. So different laws will apply.

Probably the best way to get advice on this forum is to first figure out where work is going to be, and then we can help guide you to places to look for housing within your criteria of distance to work, budget, and pitbulls.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:36 PM

49 posts, read 54,482 times
Almost all apartments/rentals in Colorado cities that ALLOW pits will have some kind of restriction against breeds themselves.

This applies to almost everywhere in the country that doesn't have BSL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver