U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 AM

170 posts, read 163,197 times

Advertisements

Bubble
when folks pay $250k for 6950 Lowell Blvd
and
$310k for 636 Vrain Street id say we are in a bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 06:39 AM

898 posts, read 987,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
I almost want to see a bubble bust in the Denver Metro because I'm tired of hearing about how fantastic Denver is all over the internet from people who don't even live there..., but I'm too nice to wish that upon the residents.
Funny, why not just live your life and be happy ? Being such a hater is exhausting I bet !

Old 06-12-2015, 07:58 AM

245 posts, read 250,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBilly View Post
Bubble
and
It is pretty crazy and kinda sad what people are paying for some properties right now. Not sure if this means we are in a bubble or not, but it appears people are desperate for just about anything under $350k.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:36 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,070,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBilly View Post
Bubble
and
It's all about proximity to downtown Denver. Any area that's relatively close that hasn't gentrified is going to in the next 10-15 years. Some people are just getting in on the ground floor and betting on those areas becoming the next Park Hill, Highlands, or Sloan's Lake.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:47 AM

557 posts, read 665,305 times
Are we in a housing market bubble?

Sounds familiar:

"Are we in a bubble? In short, I do not believe so. The last time we were in a bubble, it was due to lenders providing loans to people who likely were not credit worthy under normal lending guidelines.

This flooded the market with a significant rise in demand from the buyer pool. This drove prices up to an unrealistic level. Then, when many of these adjustable rate loans "adjusted", the homeowner could not pay the new higher adjusted payment.

This forced many of homeowners to sell thus flooding the market with too much supply.
The result is home values plummeted.Over the past several years, we have seen values rise rapidly in Denver due to a very low level of homes available for sale.

Low supply coupled with even moderate demand will force prices to rise."

Old 06-12-2015, 08:52 AM

12,244 posts, read 8,033,606 times
I love how all the news on our real estate market brings out the haters from out of state. It is amazing how riled up some people get about Denver thriving.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM

20,950 posts, read 11,615,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I love how all the news on our real estate market brings out the haters from out of state. It is amazing how riled up some people get about Denver thriving.
Because it's Denver, and we're not worthy of being a great place to live with a strong economy and an even stronger real estate market.

I know that because I read City-Data Forums!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 AM

6,522 posts, read 10,191,303 times
Isn't envy grand? Folks hoping that owners with equity lose their shorts so that the ones still on the sidelines can take advantage.

Again, it's not a bubble. It's pent-up demand. Is our current appreciation rate sustainable? No, but it will slow down eventually because house price gains are exceeding wage increases.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:08 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,627,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Good. We need people to stop moving here, especially haters. I-25 is already getting too crowded in rush hours.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,627,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD401 View Post
Are we in a housing market bubble?

Sounds familiar:

"Are we in a bubble? In short, I do not believe so. The last time we were in a bubble, it was due to lenders providing loans to people who likely were not credit worthy under normal lending guidelines.

This flooded the market with a significant rise in demand from the buyer pool. This drove prices up to an unrealistic level. Then, when many of these adjustable rate loans "adjusted", the homeowner could not pay the new higher adjusted payment.

This forced many of homeowners to sell thus flooding the market with too much supply.
The result is home values plummeted.Over the past several years, we have seen values rise rapidly in Denver due to a very low level of homes available for sale.

Low supply coupled with even moderate demand will force prices to rise."
With all due respect, a real estate agent claiming there is no real estate bubble is the same phenomenon that happened during the pre-2008 bubble. I'm referring to Wade Perry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or