U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:09 PM

2,514 posts, read 3,486,397 times

Advertisements

This stuff is great. Since it is a solid lotion bar it is a little awkward to put on but makes you feel like your sleeping in an envelope of moisture. You can get it much cheaper here at the Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage shop.
Amazon.com : Moon Valley Organics - Moon Melt Lotion Bar - 1.9 oz. : Body Lotions : Beauty

Also a humidifier like this one. Easy to fill. No heavy tanks to lug around. Large capacity. Local hardware stores have it.
Amazon.com - Essick Air EP9 500 Whole House Evaporative Digital Pedestal Humidifier, Nutmeg -

For chap stick since you will use it alot you want something as natural as possible. Example:
Booda Organics ? Pure, Vegan Bliss for your Lips!
INGREDIENTS: Organic Coconut Oil,
Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Candelilla Wax
Also at Natural Grocers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 04:09 PM

7 posts, read 7,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
Moisturize every day. I moved from Honolulu in May. On another subject Hawaiian food is available at Pacific Mercantile Market Downtown, Aloha Hawaiian BBQ in Thorton, and L&L Hawaiian BBQ in Aurora. A humidifier is good, you will adapt pretty fast. Good luck!
Thanks! Glad to hear there's someone else who made it. Appreciate the advice about hawaiian food - but I'm damn happy to be getting away from plate lunches. Gonna miss those musubi from 7-11 tho!

Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM

6,522 posts, read 10,191,303 times
After a few years in Colorado you may wonder how you ever lived in a humid climate.

My hands occasionally crack in the winter and I use Working Hands Cream to take care of them.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:15 PM

7 posts, read 7,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
This stuff is great. Since it is a solid lotion bar it is a little awkward to put on but makes you feel like your sleeping in an envelope of moisture. You can get it much cheaper here at the Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage shop.
Amazon.com : Moon Valley Organics - Moon Melt Lotion Bar - 1.9 oz. : Body Lotions : Beauty

Also a humidifier like this one. Easy to fill. No heavy tanks to lug around. Large capacity. Local hardware stores have it.
Amazon.com - Essick Air EP9 500 Whole House Evaporative Digital Pedestal Humidifier, Nutmeg -

For chap stick since you will use it alot you want something as natural as possible. Example:
Booda Organics ? Pure, Vegan Bliss for your Lips!
INGREDIENTS: Organic Coconut Oil,
Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Candelilla Wax
Also at Natural Grocers.
mic - this is information GOLD. love it! thanks so SO much!

Old 02-24-2015, 04:37 PM

13,943 posts, read 20,190,335 times
I love the low humidity because it means NO BUGS!
That said, when I moved here from greater Boston, I found that I blew bloody snot out my nose every morning in the shower for almost 2 years.
YMMV.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:38 PM

695 posts, read 801,700 times
Shower with Peppermint Liquid Soap and follow with Oil of Olay shower lotion.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:02 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,797,502 times
After eight years here, I honestly don't have a problem with the lack of humidity. I use hand cream if I have my hands in and out of water frequently during the day, and I stay well hydrated. That's about it. I do notice that my hair is better when I go back east. It's pretty straight out here, but a little bit wavy in more humid environments.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 PM

3,941 posts, read 3,236,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
After eight years here, I honestly don't have a problem with the lack of humidity. I use hand cream if I have my hands in and out of water frequently during the day, and I stay well hydrated. That's about it. I do notice that my hair is better when I go back east. It's pretty straight out here, but a little bit wavy in more humid environments.
I love that my hair looks so much better here. Went home to Houston for a visit in Oct, and my hair was so horrid looking, I wondered why I had even bothered bathing and washing it.

Of course, I realize the guys reading this are like "Who cares?"

Old 02-24-2015, 09:12 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,797,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Of course, I realize the guys reading this are like "Who cares?"
Probably. I have the opposite experience. Must have something to do with the texture.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,070,971 times
Aside from some dryness on the back of my hands I barely notice the humidity anymore. I just use some Cetaphil lotion on them at night and they're fine. I think it took me about a month to adjust to the humidity but then I felt fine. Honestly the altitude is going to be more of an adjustment for you than the dryness. Sea level to 5000+ feet is a big jump (literally)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or