U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:25 PM

2,367 posts, read 3,911,231 times

Advertisements

I posted here a about 4 months ago about Denver neighborhoods. It was some very helpful information. I narrowed down the neighborhoods I wanted to move to. The problem is there is zero houses I want to buy even above my price range. So, I guess I am going to buy a condo downtown. My question is what area is best to live there? I need to be close to a park because I have a dog. I was looking at ones on Commons Park. I am trying to pay between 600-800, but I am a little flexible. My plan later is to buy a lot and build for myself. I looked at leasing, but I am afraid my dog will tear up the hardwoods. So, any suggestions of where to live downtown would be appreciated. I am a single guy. 40 years old. I love to go out and be social. My work office will be downtown too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 07:10 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,501,326 times
Why couldn't you find a house you wanted under $800K? What is it that you're lookig for that you're not seeing? This will help get you better recommendations.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:24 PM

3,942 posts, read 3,241,693 times
Schumacher713,

I remember the original thread. Did you change/lower your budget? For some reason, I thought it was higher before. What neighborhoods are you looking at? I want to say you were trying to find neighborhoods comparable to West U, Museum District, Montrose etc. But, regardless, a Condo downtown is not necessarily a bad idea.

We have been kicking around the idea of a move back to Houston. Maybe we should trade houses, LOL.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 PM

13,950 posts, read 20,207,715 times
Look at a duplex in Berkeley.
$650K. New build.
Easy bus ride to downtown.
We love here it here in The Berk.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:43 PM

No, I did not change my budget. I am setting a lower budget for a condo downtown. I plan to buy a lot and build a custom house. And, I could not find anything I wanted for 1-1.8. I am picky as I used to build spec homes for a living.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:14 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,501,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
No, I did not change my budget. I am setting a lower budget for a condo downtown. I plan to buy a lot and build a custom house. And, I could not find anything I wanted for 1-1.8. I am picky as I used to build spec homes for a living.
Why don't you rent for a year and build to suit?

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM

3,942 posts, read 3,241,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Ah, makes sense. I will be interested to see what suggestions you get. I honestly don't know that I recall seeing many suggestions for downtown other than the LoDo suggestions for younger people looking to party all the time.

Since you're in a different demographic, I wonder if it translates to different suggestions (for the record, I don't have any, sorry).

Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Why don't you rent for a year and build to suit?
I have looked at it. I have dogs and they tend to not be easy on hardwoods. And, I might like living down there. I don't mind buying it and selling it two years later. I can pay cash after I sell my house in Houston. I really don't need a house till I find someone I want to settle down with.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Ah, makes sense. I will be interested to see what suggestions you get. I honestly don't know that I recall seeing many suggestions for downtown other than the LoDo suggestions for younger people looking to party all the time.

Since you're in a different demographic, I wonder if it translates to different suggestions (for the record, I don't have any, sorry).
The simple answer is I never grew up. I still party like I am younger. I also like the idea of walking everywhere. I have been too lazy in Houston. Having my dog in a condo will force me to take them walking. It will be good for me. I also plan on spending a lot of time in Breck as my friend has a house there.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:13 PM

I guess maybe I need to fly up next month and look around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or