Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:04 PM

2,276 posts, read 3,077,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I take these types of statements with a grain of salt. Of course a real estate broker is going to tell you the market is moving up and you should buy now. This does nothing but drive up their own business. This is no different than a banker saying that today is the best day to invest, oh, and come do it in my bank, or a car salesman saying today is the best day to buy a new car.
Agree completely, but in this case the fundamental market numbers bear it out. Supply is historically low, demand is still high. Average days on market is very low. Foreclosures are down. Average prices are up and have been going up for a few years straight. Unemployment is down. There is still room to run, too. Denver is still on the upswing of the market and is not yet close to stabilizing. Ask again in a couple more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Agree completely, but in this case the fundamental market numbers bear it out. Supply is historically low, demand is still high. Average days on market is very low. Foreclosures are down. Average prices are up and have been going up for a few years straight. Unemployment is down. There is still room to run, too. Denver is still on the upswing of the market and is not yet close to stabilizing. Ask again in a couple more years.
I completely agree with the facts about the market. Having said that, I'm willing to bet that the market could completely crash tomorrow and this putz would still say it is the best time ever to buy a house. His paycheck is only created when people buy or sell houses using his services.

I think the best time for someone to buy a house is whenever they are ready to buy a house. That simple. If you want one, buy one and do what a house was built for. Live in it. Don't stare at the numbers of what it is currently worth or what it was worth. Just enjoy being in your house.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:20 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
I can't believe how fast houses are selling in my area. The OP just wants to make himself feel smart for not moving and buying here. Atlanta is laughable.

Yes, San Diego weather is better but is it affordable?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I can't believe how fast houses are selling in my area. The OP just wants to make himself feel smart for not moving and buying here. Atlanta is laughable.

Probably not. Real estate prices in Denver are quickly catching up though.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 PM

557 posts, read 810,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's an opinion (and one that I personally don't share with you). I find the climate of the southeast to be miserable. Summer down there sucks. It's hot and humid and you spend a good part of the time from May-September as a captive to air conditioning.

As far as clay soil goes, I spent 12 years in Dallas and during the summer seemingly every other ad on TV is for foundation repair companies. To each his own.
We couldn't wait to escape the deep south, for a variety of reasons, but especially because of the brutal heat and humidity. We LOVE Denver's weather, snow and all.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
You didn't mean an actual bank, right?
A credit union had their charter approved by the state. Will be interesting to watch unfold.

Colorado pot credit union surveying industry, acquires location - The Denver Post

Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 PM

Our condo has gained 20% since we bought it November 2013.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
I get a kick out of these posts. You see them in a lot of markets. I just have to ask, if the OP is correct, what's the reward? Do you get a dividend for being smart? And if say prices went down 25% would the OP buy at that time or say they should go down another 25% and keep waiting? Houses aren't stocks, have a better plan for buying them than just saying I will buy when I think the houses are priced where I say they should be.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

Interesting: Atlanta is laughable?? You probably never heard it's been once of the fastest growing metro areas for many years now. People don't flock to terrible areas.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:24 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Interesting: Atlanta is laughable?? You probably never heard it's been once of the fastest growing metro areas for many years now. People don't flock to terrible areas.
Weather wise? Sure they do. Have you been to Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver