Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:53 PM

322 posts, read 524,868 times

Advertisements

Big news for folks on the eastside of town, especially those of us sick of seeing the old, vacant control tower - NEWS: Punch Bowl Social to Open a New Location at Stapleton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Just saw this. Glad to see it. This is good for Stapleton.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Sounds like a great addition to Stapleton! Now we can wait for the neighbors surrounding the site to start their complaint campaign

Old 03-09-2015, 01:15 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Awesome. My husband and I were just talking about the tower this weekend, when our cynical selves postulated that all along, Forest City has been purposely doing nothing with it, all in the in hopes the city has no choice but to condemn it and tear it down.

I wonder, out of curiosity, what has to be done to retrofit the facility, make it ADA compliant etc.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Awesome. My husband and I were just talking about the tower this weekend, when our cynical selves postulated that all along, Forest City has been purposely doing nothing with it, all in the in hopes the city has no choice but to condemn it and tear it down.

I wonder, out of curiosity, what has to be done to retrofit the facility, make it ADA compliant etc.
Nothing, that I've heard of. Maybe the tower itself will just be "for looks".

Old 03-09-2015, 02:38 PM

322 posts, read 524,868 times
The tower building is in a very extreme state of disrepair. A lot of work needs to be done, early estimates are $2.5M just to restore the building into a usable condition. While it would be neat to make use of the actual tower portion, I'm not sure that any business would justify the cost of building an elevator to go up to a 500 sq ft room.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:40 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Sounds like a great addition to Stapleton! Now we can wait for the neighbors surrounding the site to start their complaint campaign
Seems like that's a pretty Stapleton thing to do. I can't wait to join in when I move out there in a few months.

The Punch Bowl Social addition is awesome. It will certainly be more kid-friendly than the one at 1st & Broadway due to the surrounding neighborhoods, but that's perfectly fine. Now if only they could get some more non-chain stores up at Northfield.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:23 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Heh. So true. People want new urbanist, but fight every time a busy business opens next to them.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:31 PM

618 posts, read 1,365,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Now if only they could get some more non-chain stores up at Northfield.
Not happening anytime soon - First Five Tenants at Conservatory Green - Front Porch Stapleton. Forest City only offers long-term leases to chains in Northfield. The smaller shops run on short term leases so that FC can easily replace those businesses with a chain once it is interested. This is very commonplace with mall-like developments.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 PM

977 posts, read 1,327,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
Not happening anytime soon - First Five Tenants at Conservatory Green - Front Porch Stapleton. Forest City only offers long-term leases to chains in Northfield. The smaller shops run on short term leases so that FC can easily replace those businesses with a chain once it is interested. This is very commonplace with mall-like developments.
I was hoping that the Shops at Conservatory Green- the development mentioned in the article- would be different because I believe that the property will be owned by Drake Real Estate Services. Though I wouldn't be shocked if Drake was just serving as the developer while Forest City would continue to be the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver