U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2006, 05:44 AM

15 posts, read 59,005 times
Question what city around denver is best to live?

we are still deciding on where to move in colorado, and now looking at the denver area, but the outskirts. dont want something too far from denver but willing to drive half hour if have to. we are looking to rent for about 1 year and then possibly buy a home. but just noticed that renting isnt cheap. looking for something under 1000 and willing to take 2 big dogs. plus hows the weather out there towards winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 AM

13,309 posts, read 28,646,368 times
Housing in and around Denver is not especially cheap, but if you look you can find something. It's not always easy with pets, though.
As for the weather, winter can rear its head anytime between September and June. However, aridity keeps away the chill, the sun shines quite a bit, and t-shirt weather is not unusual in the winter months.
At the top of your screen, there is a Search button. Click on it and type "climate" or "weather" and you will get a variety of results.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 AM

615 posts, read 2,071,311 times
There are lots of good areas within 30 min of Denver. It would help if you provide more details on what you are looking for and where you expect to be working.

Colorado is a 4 season state, so you will see snow, ice, subzero temps (on occasion) and the wonderful traffic that these conditions induce. However, generally bad weather doesn't stay around long and we do get over 300 days of sunshine a year. I've heard it often said that if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 PM

15 posts, read 67,057 times
Default Lakewood - Belmar

Check out Belmar in Lakewood. www.belmarcolorado.com. I just moved here and love it! I live in "The Falls apts" which would be in your price range and does allow large dogs w/ a deposit. There is tons to do in this area and there are tons of places to walk dogs (and I believe a off-leash dog park is not too far away). Check out the other apt complexes like "Belmar Park", "Waterside" and there are lofts above the retail shops in Belmar. I believe most of them allow dogs...the whole area is very dog friendly. It is a pretty hip-urban area that is newly developed where an old mall used to be. I am a Colorado Native and have lived all over metro-Denver and absolutely love this place. It's 10-15 minutes to everything - Downtown, sports stadiums, Red Rocks, hiking/biking/...etc. It less than an hour to skiing and mountain vacation spots. In Belmar you can walk to the following activities: Drinking, dancing, bowling, movies, library, fancy eating, not-fancy eating, shopping (everything imaginable), walking path by duck-pond with cool "docks" is just across the street (Wadsworth). STAY AWAY FROM ANYWHERE IN AURORA, THERE IS A REASON IT'S SO CHEAP...THEY CAN'T GET ANYONE TO STAY!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 15,296 times
If you want to be out of town, Castle Rock is outstanding, is separate from Denver itself and is 20 minutes from south Denver, and 35 minutes from central Denver. Going north is a much more country feel. Up north, Longmont is nice or anywhere NW of town for that matter.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 AM

18 posts, read 19,377 times
Smile Apts for senior lady with med. fat old dog

I am moving from Cripple Creek area to Denver or outskrts-Parker-Lone Tree. (around I would like a 1-2 bed that allows my dog. A dog park within the complex would be great. I am on disability and can't walk too far or pay too much, $550-$740. I am a 60 year-old lady but I must move from here. Altitude is making me ill.

Thanks for you help

Kathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver