U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,245 posts, read 8,033,606 times
Reputation: 8900

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
And, unicorns !
Only in Berkeley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM
 
862 posts, read 741,736 times
Reputation: 1057
Is it just me or does it seem that many folks in Denver like to sue or at least making a threat to sue anyway ??

Today I saw a fender bender in a King Soopers parking lot. The two parties involved were already calling up their lawyers before they had called the police. My other half was picking up his meds at a pharmacy in our neighborhood Walmart. The woman in front of him upset about something was screaming "I WILL SUE YOU AND YOUR F***ING STAFF !!" oh he had went on to say that person was asking the others customers including my other half for their names and addresses to "testify". Last year at Elitch Gardens I saw a man who was upset that he couldn't get on a ride and he too was going on about suing in this case it was suing Elitch Gardens.

OK I understand all of this could happen anywhere but living on the East Coast for so many years to me it just seems that so many folks in Denver are 'sue happy". When I lived in Virginia I don't recall anyone making a big deal about suing anyone.

For whats it worth I have never heard of a "garnishment party" ( co-workers raising funds for another co-worker whose wages are being garnished for whatever reason ) until I had moved to Denver. Just had one last week where I work at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2015, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,224 posts, read 15,898,476 times
Reputation: 5487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Can't resist the double rainbow guy... ok have your rainbows but only if they are doubles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,245 posts, read 8,033,606 times
Reputation: 8900
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem that many folks in Denver like to sue or at least making a threat to sue anyway ??

Today I saw a fender bender in a King Soopers parking lot. The two parties involved were already calling up their lawyers before they had called the police. My other half was picking up his meds at a pharmacy in our neighborhood Walmart. The woman in front of him upset about something was screaming "I WILL SUE YOU AND YOUR F***ING STAFF !!" oh he had went on to say that person was asking the others customers including my other half for their names and addresses to "testify". Last year at Elitch Gardens I saw a man who was upset that he couldn't get on a ride and he too was going on about suing in this case it was suing Elitch Gardens.

OK I understand all of this could happen anywhere but living on the East Coast for so many years to me it just seems that so many folks in Denver are 'sue happy". When I lived in Virginia I don't recall anyone making a big deal about suing anyone.

For whats it worth I have never heard of a "garnishment party" ( co-workers raising funds for another co-worker whose wages are being garnished for whatever reason ) until I had moved to Denver. Just had one last week where I work at.
This is a problem with the entire nation. We are a litigious society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
2,391 posts, read 1,797,157 times
Reputation: 1920
The people, at least the Internet people.

They're either really nice or smug a**holes who think they've inherited heaven on earth.

The people IRL are generally nicer, or at least they don't talk **** to your face like they talk **** behind a keyboard on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
898 posts, read 987,183 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The people, at least the Internet people.

They're either really nice or smug a**holes who think they've inherited heaven on earth.

The people IRL are generally nicer, or at least they don't talk **** to your face like they talk **** behind a keyboard on this forum.
It is a known fact, that people turn into keyboard warriors behind a computer. I bet you are a lot nicer IRL too man, it goes both ways. Try the NYC forum if you want to see real *******s. Anyway man, I think taking a break from this forum and having conversations with real people will go a long way towards making you happier. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 10:31 AM
 
5,444 posts, read 4,811,646 times
Reputation: 15020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The people, at least the Internet people.

They're either really nice or smug a**holes who think they've inherited heaven on earth.

The people IRL are generally nicer, or at least they don't talk **** to your face like they talk **** behind a keyboard on this forum.
Funny. I think the opposite. I think for the most part, people in the Denver forum are nice and generally informative. When I moved out here 2+ years ago, I didn't know all that much of what I was getting into by coming out here. People here were polite in answering my questions and they laid everything out very bluntly. There was no sugarcoating of anything and this includes posts about the cost of living. I came from Florida where it was/is very cheap to live (outside of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale). Each area of the country is different.

Also, if I posted a comment about something and I am proven wrong on that comment, I take it as being corrected and move on knowing that I learned something.

The fact is, these people, myself included, have shown you plenty of places where you can live within your specific budget. You are just choosing not to live in them for one reason or another. They have also explained numerous times why the prices are what they are, yet you seem to think that your own thought is right and that is how things should be. Reality is that things will never be how you are perceiving reality. There is a price to pay to live in one of the most desirable places in the country.

As other posters have mentioned, maybe you should take a break from these forums for a bit. You seem to get rattled pretty easily with answers you don't like or don't agree with which is evident by you calling them smug a--holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 10:53 AM
 
Location: The Berk in Denver, CO USA
13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Reputation: 22564
Default Not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The people IRL are generally nicer, or at least they don't talk **** to your face like they talk **** behind a keyboard on this forum.
1. I use my real name and do not hide. (I have not used the name of a great hockey player.)
2. Everyone here knows my home address as I have posted photos of my house.
3. I am the same in person and on the InnerTubesģ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
2,391 posts, read 1,797,157 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
1. I use my real name and do not hide. (I have not used the name of a great hockey player.)
2. Everyone here knows my home address as I have posted photos of my house.
3. I am the same in person and on the InnerTubesģ.
You're certainly an exception to the rule. I see what appears to be your phone number in your profile. My goodness!!! I think the fact that you have your info up sort of forces you to be who you are in person. I think, in fact I know, that people are generally far nicer in person, and I stated that specifically in my post. Everyone gets behind a keyboard behind an alias and they start calling you an entitled Millennial because they don't understand your point. That's pretty much been the only thing I've been up and arms about; people not understanding what I'm saying and then judging me on their faulty understanding.

I thought it was actually frowned up for you to use your real name on here, but I could be misremembering what I read when I signed up last year. At any rate, my name is Mike, I live in SE Denver near Cherry Creek Reservoir, and I am not ashamed of anything I've said here. I've been completely honest about how I feel about certain things and I'm not ashamed that not everyone agrees with me. I just get frustrated when I have to keep explaining the same point over and over because someone didn't pay attention to details in my previous post. If people would just take the time to read things more carefully, it would probably resolve a lot of the issues that are had on forums such as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2015, 11:04 AM
 
529 posts, read 1,249,680 times
Reputation: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calix View Post
The claim of "300 days of sunshine" that don't include the caveat that more than half will be below freezing, windy, bone dry, or all three.

Denver is hardly as comfortable outside as the city booster pretend it is. Compared to Coastal CA, there are about maybe 50-70 days that are usable outdoor days compared to a true 300+ in coastal CA.
Take a look at these climate stats and stop polluting the forums with your ludicrous statements on Denver's weather and climate. If you can back up your statements with facts be my guest! Good luck with that though, you'll need it.

Climatological and Historical Weather Data for Denver, Colorado - thorntonweather.com

50 to 70 days of usable sunshine? You must've lived under a rock for most of the year if you truly lived in Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top