U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
898 posts, read 987,751 times
Reputation: 1366

Advertisements

No worries, you have no way of knowing what areas are like without seeing them firsthand but we are here to help

IMO:

Try to stay south of 20th street (in downtown) and probably south-east of Lawrence to avoid the ballpark area noise and ruckus. Keep in mind that north of 20th can still be very sketchy at certain areas and full of homeless people (looking at you so-called RiNo). Highland neighborhood (west of the platte river) is nice but very expensive.

I would really suggest the Uptown neighborhood as a starting point. A short walk from Downtown and easy access to everything, closer to city park (although still far) where the zoo and museum are and you can walk to the 16th street shuttle for Elitch's. It's a great compromise IMO. If money is no object, I would even look closer to Cheesman Park - beautiful area, very urban, lots to do, but more family oriented.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,160 posts, read 3,681,822 times
Reputation: 6023
Another option right on the edge of CBD and LoDo are The Apartments at Denver Place, which are part of the Ritz Carlton complex. Or as someone else mentioned Skyline 1801 or Solera, which are all in the same area.

If you go to Apartments at Denver Place, let me know, they offer a $1K referral and I'll split it with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
898 posts, read 987,751 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Another option right on the edge of CBD and LoDo are The Apartments at Denver Place, which are part of the Ritz Carlton complex. Or as someone else mentioned Skyline 1801 or Solera, which are all in the same area.

If you go to Apartments at Denver Place, let me know, they offer a $1K referral and I'll split it with you.
I heard great things about those apartments but the area is... not ideal. Too many homeless people in Skyline Park and too many shady characters by the bus depot for a family IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,160 posts, read 3,681,822 times
Reputation: 6023
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
I heard great things about those apartments but the area is... not ideal. Too many homeless people in Skyline Park and too many shady characters by the bus depot for a family IMO
True, but the entire downtown Denver area is crawling with homeless so there's no escaping that element.

A more CBD option would be 1600 Glenarm Place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
 
2,409 posts, read 2,628,712 times
Reputation: 1807
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Another option right on the edge of CBD and LoDo are The Apartments at Denver Place, which are part of the Ritz Carlton complex. Or as someone else mentioned Skyline 1801 or Solera, which are all in the same area.

If you go to Apartments at Denver Place, let me know, they offer a $1K referral and I'll split it with you.
Actually I'm curious about this place as I walk by it everyday. How much does a 700 sqft 1-bdr apr cost there approximately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
898 posts, read 987,751 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
True, but the entire downtown Denver area is crawling with homeless so there's no escaping that element.

A more CBD option would be 1600 Glenarm Place.
And still that block, with the 711 on Lawrence and skyline park, has the most homeless people I've seen in Denver outside of the Denver Rescue Mission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 08:03 AM
 
2,409 posts, read 2,628,712 times
Reputation: 1807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
And still that block, with the 711 on Lawrence and skyline park, has the most homeless people I've seen in Denver outside of the Denver Rescue Mission.
They're harmless. What's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
898 posts, read 987,751 times
Reputation: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
They're harmless. What's the big deal?
Doesn't mean I want to live next to them. When I find needles in the alley behind my house that's a big deal. When I find a guy pissing on my neighbor's car that's a big deal. Hey, whatever floats your boat, but not my cup of tea. Having lived there for a year, that is the only gripe I have with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,160 posts, read 3,681,822 times
Reputation: 6023
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Actually I'm curious about this place as I walk by it everyday. How much does a 700 sqft 1-bdr apr cost there approximately?
Around $1,400 for a 12 month lease. I'm on a short-term lease so I'm getting jacked a bit at $1,800, but that's still a lot cheaper/better than a hotel. That also includes water, cable TV, washer/dryer in unit and parking. The units there are spacious and have amazing views from the NE side of the building. No balconies though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 AM
 
2,409 posts, read 2,628,712 times
Reputation: 1807
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Around $1,400 for a 12 month lease. I'm on a short-term lease so I'm getting jacked a bit at $1,800, but that's still a lot cheaper/better than a hotel. That also includes water, cable TV, washer/dryer in unit and parking. The units there are spacious and have amazing views from the NE side of the building. No balconies though...
1.4k for 700sqft is fantastic for a place at such a prime location. How new is the building and how is the community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top