U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 04:26 PM

6,904 posts, read 6,496,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I think if you're stupid enough to smoke where it's not legal, you deserve whatever repurcussions. If you can afford to buy a ton of pot (enough where you are likely to get caught at some point) then you can afford a li'l fine. I'm sorry, but after dating someone who's related to many drug users, ranging from pot to coke, no, I don't feel sorry for any idiot that gets in trouble for something they know they shouldn't be doing!
Thanks, but this is not a reason for it being illegal. You say people deserve whatever repercussions. What if the penalty was a year in jail for a joint? Is that fair? My point is that simply because we have a penalty in place, does not make it fair or reasonable.

Again, I do not use marijuana, but making it illegal makes zero sense to me. It doesn't stop use, our laws unjustly penalize the poor and minorities, and we spend gobs of cash trying to enforce policies that clearly do not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:54 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,818,955 times
This morning I woke up to walk dog log and I didn't walk into a cloud of weed or cig smoke as soon as I open my front door. Yea for me!

Old 04-07-2015, 09:58 AM

1,204 posts, read 325,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Washington State. Not DC.
Oh sorry....Washington DC has legal marijauna, sort of. Its just you cant smoke it outside, grow it outside, buy it or sell it. Go figure....

Old 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM

11,628 posts, read 7,199,518 times
I think there is a huge untapped market for some kind of apparatus that scrubs the air of MJ smoke smell. A sort of filtration unit. I hope someone is already working on this, they could make bank...

I was and am all for legalization. But as an apologetic (tobacco) smoker who does try to be considerate and keep my nasty habit away from others, I really do feel the OP if they are noticing a lot of smoking in public or having the smell invade their home. People really need to find and utilize ways of not bothering others with it...

Old 04-08-2015, 09:03 AM

384 posts, read 407,119 times
I can honestly say I haven't noticed the legalization of MJ in any way except that everyone who lives someone else always ask if I've noticed

That said, I live in suburbia. If I lived in a dense apartment/condo setting, I can easily see where I would notice it much more. My old condo I could tell when the person on the first floor was outside smoking on their deck (and I was on the 3rd floor). With as pungent as MJ is these days, I'm guessing that would get annoying real quick if I had to smell it all the time.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 AM

136 posts, read 217,768 times
I really, really hate the skunky stink. Since legalization I've seen it smoked openly on the lightrail, on 16th Street downtown, and have had to close my windows from the smoke from neighbors. It really does reek. What I don't understand is why people don't just eat it. I'm guessing edibles are more costly.

Also, having a preteen and knowing that weed has become so much more prevalent and so much easier for kids to obtain and use is an additional challenge during an already challenging time.

Minor annoyances. But annoyances nonetheless.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 PM

361 posts, read 492,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insahmniak View Post
What I don't understand is why people don't just eat it.

The overall effect from edibles is quite different from the effects of smoking. The effects of edibles take differing amounts of time to be felt, and last different amounts of time in different individuals. Even trying to find ways to standardize dosages for edibles will not create a consistent result due to body mass, metabolism rates, etc. Some people do not react well to edibles; without even thinking too hard I can think of at least three situations where people experimenting with edibles with no prior experience with marijuana have gone terribly badly, and have resulted in death. Not due to the marijuana itself, but due to the reaction. And due to taking too much because the person imbibing did not understand the issues surrounding edibles.

Some folks really enjoy using edibles. Some people don't like them at all, and some react very, very badly to edibles and are absolutely fine smoking. That's why people "just don't eat it."

Old 04-08-2015, 09:08 PM

136 posts, read 217,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
Some folks really enjoy using edibles. Some people don't like them at all, and some react very, very badly to edibles and are absolutely fine smoking. That's why people "just don't eat it."
Thanks for the cannibeducation.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:35 PM

79 posts, read 83,015 times
[quote=JohnnyDenver;39101967]1) The poor shouldn't be smoking marijuana. They should be looking for work and trying to break the welfare cycle. Further, why are poor buying marijuana?

Yeah - why should the poor have any pleasure in their lives - you have to be a hard working white guy to have that right?

While we're at it the poor should not be watching TV or drinking beer either - or chocolate - maybe the cheap chocolate but not Ghiradelli chocolate.

How DARE poor people try and enjoy life!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:07 AM

695 posts, read 801,842 times
[quote=Techn0lady;39148135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
1) The poor shouldn't be smoking marijuana. They should be looking for work and trying to break the welfare cycle. Further, why are poor buying marijuana?

Yeah - why should the poor have any pleasure in their lives - you have to be a hard working white guy to have that right?

While we're at it the poor should not be watching TV or drinking beer either - or chocolate - maybe the cheap chocolate but not Ghiradelli chocolate.

How DARE poor people try and enjoy life!
and my friends call me a bleeding heart liberal . . . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or