Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 04:25 PM

3 posts, read 15,306 times

Advertisements

To answer your question, my hubby and I didn't get the house we wanted in Mountain View. The seller raised the price beyond what we could afford after we put in our offer. Now we are back to trying to buy something in Sunnyside instead. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,306 times
Mountain View is a legal town of less than 1/4 mile square. It has been reported that is is having financial problems. By public vote it may join either Edgewater to the South or Wheat Ridge to the West. It has its own police force and is part of the Wheat Ridge Fire Protection District.

Lakeside Mall has been demolished and has been under separate ownership from the Amusement park since 1956. The redevolpment of the mall has halted probably owing to tight credit markets and many, many vacancies in other nearby retail areas. The future of the property must be seen as long range as with many such projects started at the begining of economic down cycles.

Lakeside Amusement Park is there to stay. The third generation owners are now coming to the forefront and plan to operate the business. The corporate amusement park in Downtown Denver has a heavy debt service after changing hands several times in the last decade and a half. It is also located on land that will be much more valuable soon after the economic recovery takes hold. If you are betting on which park will disappear, bet on Lakeside being in business long after Corporate World becomes condos on the Platte.

If you are looking for a sudden upturn in gentrification, look somewhere other than Mountain View. Small town politics will get in the way. Lakeside is a town in and of itself. The 20 or so residents there don't want to pay for a lot of change. Look for the Mall property to be for sale at a bargain
price. The current developer paid just over $8 million for it and another million or two to demolish it.
Current market value is probably under $4 million if you have cash. Banks are not lending on if-come-maybe development schemes these days.

The best option would be for the Amusement park to buy the mall property and expand in anticipation of being the only game in town within 7 years.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 847 times
My mother and Aunt live in Mountain View which is where I grew up. The police do not do a good job of taking care of issues. They do not like help from Jefferson County police either. They do not like animal control to enter the city. It is very hard to find a public agency to help you out when a civic matter arises. You are stuck with a police department who will not do their jobs. They pretty much ignore problems and that causes more neighbor strife against each other. The city has told everyone which trash company they will use. They city has passed down the payment of city sttreet lights to the population and I believe that is already paid for through other taxation. Also, they are going to bill you for the police department wages. The new mayor did not graduate from Jefferson High School. The former mayor made sure that monies were spent on her block for water and sewer replacement. To heck with the rest of the city. All in all, it is not a good place to live!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 805 times
Smile Mountain View - Colorado

Hi,
Mountain View seems a good choice. They do have their own Police department (I don't think their contracted to Wheat Ridge) and since I know those guys very well (have been working with them for a few years). They are great guys and like to keep the neighboorhood safe without being overbearing.
Everyone in charge of the town has always been very nice.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver