Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:01 PM

58 posts, read 53,444 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We just moved to Denver from The Bay Area and have seen 7 car accidents in 3 weeks!! We have also noticed many red light runners, people turning right in front of us, floating in and out of their lanes and (last but not least) drivers cutting us off. I have lived in a lot of cities and have never seen such aggresive and careless drivers. I also read an article in the Denver Post that stated there have been more accidents this year here since January than all of last year. I can guesstimate the reasons why such as overcrowding, carelessness, narrow lanes, texting or even being high. But how can that many fatalities occur in less than 6 months?? Thanks for your attention to this post as this concerns us so much that it makes us not want to stay in Denver.(We are currently in a hotel looking for a home)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 12:06 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Don't stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSilverSpoon View Post
this concerns us so much that it makes us not want to stay in Denver.
OK, then.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:09 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,047,057 times
Link to article?

Old 04-26-2015, 12:21 PM

17,706 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
Link to article?
Maybe
Deaths in car accidents increase in Colorado

"a 1.9 percent increase in fatalities"

Old 04-26-2015, 01:18 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,042 times
Quote:
Hello,

We just moved to Denver from The Bay Area and have seen 7 car accidents in 3 weeks!! We have also noticed many red light runners, people turning right in front of us, floating in and out of their lanes and (last but not least) drivers cutting us off. I have lived in a lot of cities and have never seen such aggresive and careless drivers. I also read an article in the Denver Post that stated there have been more accidents this year here since January than all of last year. I can guesstimate the reasons why such as overcrowding, carelessness, narrow lanes, texting or even being high. But how can that many fatalities occur in less than 6 months?? Thanks for your attention to this post as this concerns us so much that it makes us not want to stay in Denver.(We are currently in a hotel looking for a home)
This is due to all the people from other states moving here and bringing their poor driving habits with them. Also, due to more cars on the roads causing the massive traffic jams, this only results in more aggressive and violent driving. Further, it will only become more perilous on the road with more people moving here and an infrastructure which is already built out to the extreme.

7 accidents in 3 weeks??? Is that all? You must be staying in your hotel room most of the day. I see 7 accidents every day with both a morning and evening rush hour.

Also, why would you move here without a place to live given the state of the housing market? Did you even do any research on the area?

Welcome to Colorado . . . Can't believe people still want to move here to experience heinous traffic and a higher cost of living.

Last edited by JohnnyDenver; 04-26-2015 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Word addition

Old 04-26-2015, 01:32 PM

694 posts, read 1,039,042 times
Just received a text alert: I 70 shut down at Frisco due to MULTIPLE ACCIDENTS.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:39 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
Just received a text alert: I 70 shut down at Frisco due to MULTIPLE ACCIDENTS.
It's snowing like a mofo up there. They could get another 1-2 feet of it before noon tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:35 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Hello,

LOL, I have seen more then seven car crashes in one day in the Bay Area.

Fort Collins has the lowest accident rate of any city in the US. Denver is not far behind.

Average years between car accidents.

Fort Collins: 13.9
Colorado Springs: 11.7
Denver & Lakewood: 10.0
Aurora: 9.8

San Jose: 8.1
Oakland: 7.7
San Francisco: 6.5

http://allstate.wieck.com/media/new/Report_2013.pdf

Old 04-26-2015, 02:49 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
Quote:
Hello,

I also read an article in the Denver Post that stated there have been more accidents this year here since January than all of last year.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 PM

556 posts, read 1,199,720 times
I think that ever since the city extended the length of the yellow light a few years ago it trained drivers to step on the gas whenever the light turns. 99% of the time you get away with it but occasionally such habits end very badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver