Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 14,126 times

Advertisements

Thank you so, so much for all this great information. This is the kind of thing I can print up and take with us next week when we head out to CO for a job-hunting trip.

As far as planned communities go, the ones in the Denver area are sooo much more attractive than the ones I've seen shooting up all over Virginia. The topography of the area (CO) gives the neighborhoods much more interest, and we really liked the use of stone and stucco. It appeals to us much more than pale yellow vinyl siding. The inside of the homes we saw were much more interesting as well; less formal living space and more windows. So, if we end up having to live in a builder's community, it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen!!!

That being said, I will continue to search Realtor.com for what we really want. I will add Ralston Valley, Jefferson County, Lake Arbor and Willow Springs to my search options. Too bad that the search results filter doesn't have boxes marked _ compost pile allowed _ zip-line allowed _ clothes-line allowed (right there next to _ horses allowed and _ cul-de-sac).

Thanks again for your time and information. I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 PM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Default Metrolist

We do have a field for No Covenants in the MLS.

I don't think Lone Tree has any non covenant controlled communities. Wildcat Reserve, Acres Green maybe.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:10 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,666 times
I know I'm a little late to this discussion but I'd like to chime in...

I live in the Carriage Club subdivision in Lone Tree and I have to say that it's a bit quieter than I thought it would be. We live on a cul-de-sac and talk to most of the neighbors but there isn't much activity in terms of children playing like I thought there would be.

My wife and I have driven through Heritage Hills several times to look at open houses and have actually noticed more people out and about than in our own neighborhood. It actually seems like there are more young families there than in areas like Greenwood Village and other similarly priced neighborhoods. As far as gated communities go it didn't seem that "stuffy". But I can only compare it to the gated communities I've been around in northern California. If you can afford to live in a gated community out there you'd see how snobby people can be. If we could afford it I wouldn't mind living in Heritage Hills but I think if I had that kind of money I'd rather have a little more space between me and my neighbors.

Tasker, by now you've already come out here to look around. I'm curious to hear what you thought.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:27 PM

24 posts, read 111,642 times
All I can say about Lone Tree is that I wouldn't want to live in a community that makes you come in to their City Hall (or whatever it was) to get special colored arm bands for their 4th of July celebration. You only got so many bands per family, and then you had to pay for extras. Just didn't seem to jive with what the 4th is all about...

Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Lone Tree is a city. I think they did that for crowd control. One measly decision like this should not keep you from enjoying the city and what it has to offer.

Lone Tree has amazing acces to Light Rail, C-470 & I-25, a huge commercial base, highly affluent...not much down side if you think about it.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Lone Tree is a city. I think they did that for crowd control. One measly decision like this should not keep you from enjoying the city and what it has to offer.

Lone Tree has amazing acces to Light Rail, C-470 & I-25, a huge commercial base, highly affluent...not much down side if you think about it.
Lone Tree has amazing access to Light Rail that is out of proportion for the needs and the effort should have gone to other places first. However, the power, influence and the money is in Lonetree and they know how to use it.

We should never have put a light rail to Lone Tree for two lines--considering at that time Park Meadows was not even in the RTD district. Park Meadows did not want to be part of the RTD because they did not want "those people to have easy access" to shopping but they did find that the access to lower wage commuter help was also difficult.

That is why the train was not planned to service the mall and now with the inclusion of the Mall in the district we have to climb over ourselves to provide service and meet their crazy demands of making it more difficult to get to the mall.

In addition, we are now going to provide even more stations to this area that again should be provided to more needy areas. But what can I say?? It is the same human story that repeats itself--power, money, and influence.

It is sad because when you use the trains as I do, it is underused and empty many of the time from Lonetree because this area is affluent and many of these people are not going to "mix with the masses" but Lonetree can brag "We got light rail" just like saying "We live in a gated community."

Well, when they built the bridge to Park Meadows Mall, I am just going to hobble over, droll down my chin, talk to myself, and flatulate in the center concourse. And then I will feel good enough that day to
Livecontent

Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM

the parking lot is nearly full every day. It attracts riders from all over Douglas County.

The former owners of the Park Meadows didn't want riders to use the PM parking lot. The new owners are spending a ton of money to make that happen.

Light Rail came to the SE side of town due primarily to T-REX. If it wasn't for the huge highway project, we would not have a line.

The light rail didn't travel the path of most need, but of the easiest way.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
the parking lot is nearly full every day. It attracts riders from all over Douglas County.

The former owners of the Park Meadows didn't want riders to use the PM parking lot. The new owners are spending a ton of money to make that happen.

Light Rail came to the SE side of town due primarily to T-REX. If it wasn't for the huge highway project, we would not have a line.

The light rail didn't travel the path of most need, but of the easiest way.

The parking lot is filled because of 8-5 commuters. Many with people which are not in the district, and during the rest of the day, afternoon, evenings and weekends it is dead--very few people. That even had another line to nine-mile from Lonetree and that was severely curtailed because of no use--you need more than 8-5 office workers. They have one of the largest call and rides in the area and again underutilized. Again any rail project is also about feeder buses, call and ride to the station and this area it is underutized.

When this line was planned, if the Park Meadow Mall was included in the district, then a walkway was going to be built over to the mall, parking was already provided by RTD, east of I-25 in the initial plans. I was at the meetings. the problem of using the mall parking was not such a big issue, many private businesses are contracted to provide parking near transportation points and many see the advantages because when people park, they are in a shopping center when they return, and then they shop.

The new owners are spending the money now because they have to have access to employees and it is big public relations issue. However they are making a big issue of the sidewalk access to the mall--making people walk much further then necessary and when you are disabled that is an issue.

When we go way back into the planning of T-Rex, Lonetree was not a part of the district. It did not matter that the highway was going to get improved-no rail, no bus and no station can be provided into an area that is not part of the district. So, initially the plans could not legally have them included. The trains were to end in Centennial

RTD wanted the money generated. Lonetree wanted the rail prestige but did not want their lovely shopping center to be overrun by inner city people. So to get Lonetree in the district, RTD promised the stations. Lonetree committed money to development around the stations but the mall was not part of the district. So when the station at County Line was put in, a large fence was erected to deny access to/from the mall as was required by law.

Now we have to go back with the new owners who have seen the errors of the past and are spending money, as well as RTD money to put access to the mall. However they want the access sidewalk to not go direct to the closest entrance.

That is my opinion on the issue, going back many years in meetings on T-Rex. Your opinions are also welcomed. Thanks

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 01-17-2008 at 08:41 PM..

Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 AM

4 posts, read 14,126 times
Ludachris~
Thanks for reminding me to update. This forum and city-data in general were so helpful to us.
We have moved to Colorado and absolutely love it. It would be really hard to ever leave this place! My husband ended up working in Boulder so we bought a house in Rock Creek in Superior. It's not our dream house by any means, we do like the neighborhood (with the neighborhood school...love that!) and the area, but our yard is tiny and the houses generally all look the same. We looked for 2 days and then purchased this one, so we know we'll probably move again in a couple years once we know the area. The town of Superior is great and we love that we are so close to the mountains. The commute into Boulder or even Denver is not bad at all.
Thanks to everyone for all your help.
T

Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM

14 posts, read 87,711 times
Default Heritage Estates, Lone Tree

We are currently looking at a home in the Heritage Estates area of Lone Tree. We are still out of state. We are finding alot of homes for sale in Heritage Estates and were wondering if there was a reason so many are for sale in that area.

We really like what we're seeing with the home and the area as well. Just want to be aware of any negative reasons that people in the area would be selling.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any possible insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver