Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:00 AM

12 posts, read 18,793 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions/ information on operating a mobile coffee truck in Denver, or elsewhere in Colorado. I have owned a mobile coffee truck in Florida for a while now, and would like to summer out in Colorado, but wondered about the "food truck environment" etc. Any opinions or information could be useful , so feel free to opine. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 06:54 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
The food truck environment is pretty good, mostly around the more dense areas downtown and around Confluence Park(REI Flagship) as well. I wish we had more honestly.

Dazbog has a coffee truck in my area that I see from time to time for events. Other than that I don't see very many in the summer.

I think you would do better to "Winter up" in Denver for business sake.

Last edited by Mach50; 05-15-2015 at 08:15 AM..

Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
I have a former student who had a coffee truck, and it was really tough to make a go of it. He got rid of the truck and opened a "real" coffee shop about 6 month ago.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:22 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Someone needs to set up a coffee truck or something right at the Mineral light rail station. There's tons of people who commute from there I would think you'd make a ton just from people grabbing something on the go.

The Littleton Downtown station has a nice little coffee shop right at the station, but the Mineral station which is like 4 times the size there's nothing right there unless you go into Aspen Grove.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Someone needs to set up a coffee truck or something right at the Mineral light rail station. There's tons of people who commute from there I would think you'd make a ton just from people grabbing something on the go.

The Littleton Downtown station has a nice little coffee shop right at the station, but the Mineral station which is like 4 times the size there's nothing right there unless you go into Aspen Grove.
They had one down there for the Platte River Half Marathon.

It seems to be an event based business here in Denver probably because most people would just drive their car to a building.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:15 AM

20 posts, read 25,466 times
Denver is very food truck friendly and we have some great ones. In the summer there is a whole line up of them down at Civic Center and they get very busy. I'd scope out the competition and find a good set up. There are a lot of food carts, small, along 16th Street mall. And the lightrail stations are a good idea.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:17 AM

20 posts, read 25,466 times
To add, I feel Denver loves its food trucks!

Old 05-15-2015, 09:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
I know all the micro breweries love their food trucks.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:01 PM

12 posts, read 18,793 times
Appreciate the feedback! Seems like a very positive truck atmosphere which often seems like the most important piece of the puzzle . Without a positive, food truck friendly environment it is almost impossible to make it work. I have a business model that seems to work well ,catering to primarily higher end business parks and am hoping to move beyond "summering" in Colorado to actually leaving hell on earth ( also known as Florida) and making Colorado home .

Old 05-17-2015, 08:05 AM

331 posts, read 465,503 times
Yes, food trucks are a thing, at least in Denver itself. Not sure about the 'burbs.

It's interesting that the answers from locals note that the trucks do well in high-density areas with a lot of foot traffiic, which means Downtown Denver and areas not far from downtown.

But you're talking about "high end business parks." There are several "high end" office parks, but those are in outlying areas, mostly in the suburbs. And they are in my experience not areas with high foot traffic.

Google maps can help you. There's Inverness Business Park in Arapahoe County. The original "high end office park," the Denver Technological Center (DTC) which is partly in Denver and partly in Greenwood Village. To the South of the DTC (and we're really talking suburbia now) is the Meridian Office Park. Google the address 9655 Maroon Cir, Englewood, CO 80112, to locate it on the map (that's one building in the park, and it's not in the City of Englewood, that's just the postal address).

And as you know, different cities/counties may have different licensing/inspection requirements. At least here we have the Tri County Health Dept (Arapahoe, Adams, and Douglas) which covers three of the counties adjoining Denver (but not Jefferson County).

I noticed the story above about a coffee cart owner not making it and opening a shop. We really are blessed with coffee shops everywhere. Chains and independents. Seems like there's one on every block these days.

Good luck with your research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver