Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 02:35 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
No it doesn't, because, if you had higher inventory and prices were rising DESPITE having higher inventory, you could say that the market was fundamentally strong.
I believe this is what happened with the last bubble. Inventory exploded yet prices continued to rise which eventually formed the bubble.

How to Use Real Estate Trends to Predict the Next Housing Bubble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 03:19 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Basic supply and demand economics.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:52 PM

91 posts, read 149,652 times
We have rented for 4 years here and just started to build in Monument. To be honest, Colorado is too cold wth too much weather for my taste (I like hot, dry, and sunny) , but my husband loves his job here so I am one of the few people that feels stuck here! I guess that means we will be here for 10+ more years until the last child is through school. We are buying because he rental market is crazy and my husband wants to finish his career where he is. Then, it is my turn to choose...

Old 07-06-2015, 07:11 PM

577 posts, read 1,475,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Perfect example of confirmation bias folks. Forgot to mention the following:

[...]
4. The freedom to do whatever I'd like to my house, without getting permission
Statement #4 can be fully true only in the absence of a HOA. With a HOA you are doomed :-(

Old 07-06-2015, 07:39 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
Maybe I should look in the dead of winter next year. Like from Thanksgiving through New Year's.
No!
Look now.
Learn about the houses and neighborhoods you desire.
Make your offer between 23NOV2015 and 03JAN2016.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 PM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I believe this is what happened with the last bubble. Inventory exploded yet prices continued to rise which eventually formed the bubble.

How to Use Real Estate Trends to Predict the Next Housing Bubble
Inventory exploded because previous underwriting was incredibly weak, which led to foreclosures, then voila, inventory!

Old 07-06-2015, 08:25 PM

471 posts, read 600,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Basic supply and demand economics.
I think you're missing the point. Denver has about 3 weeks of inventory on the market and can muster around 6-10% gains.

San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York can muster better gains with FAR more inventory.

Denver inventory will only rise from these unprecedented low levels. How do you think you'll maintain gains when the market has become addicted to 1 month or less inventory?

If interest rates rise, how do you think that will affect the market? You think the dual increase of rates and prices will hold? Doubling the rate of increase of monthly payments?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:35 PM

471 posts, read 600,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarae1060 View Post
We have rented for 4 years here and just started to build in Monument. To be honest, Colorado is too cold wth too much weather for my taste (I like hot, dry, and sunny) , but my husband loves his job here so I am one of the few people that feels stuck here! I guess that means we will be here for 10+ more years until the last child is through school. We are buying because he rental market is crazy and my husband wants to finish his career where he is. Then, it is my turn to choose...
You aren't alone. I have friends in Denver that will be moving out after being there for 7 years.

The weather in Denver is WAY overrated. It is very very cold in the winter, it is very windy, and the air is uncomfortably dry.

Denver touts 300+ days of sunshine, except they don't tell you that they count even 1 hours of sun a day as a sunny day and they never explain whether it is a usable day of sunshine or not.

A sunny day when the weather is 15 degrees and constant wind is useless.

Coastal California has 300+ usable days per year, funny thing is, prices in Denver are approaching Southern California prices without the weather or amenities.

Denver is becoming Tulip Nation. (note Tulip bulbs in Holland were once worth more than gold all based on the perception of value).

Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 PM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
You aren't alone. I have friends in Denver that will be moving out after being there for 7 years.

The weather in Denver is WAY overrated. It is very very cold in the winter, it is very windy, and the air is uncomfortably dry.

Denver touts 300+ days of sunshine, except they don't tell you that they count even 1 hours of sun a day as a sunny day and they never explain whether it is a usable day of sunshine or not.

Coastal California has 300+ usable days per year, funny thing is, prices in Denver are approaching Southern California prices without the weather or amenities.

Denver is becoming Tulip Nation. (note Tulip bulbs in Holland were once worth more than gold all based on the perception of value).
Ahhh, now I see ...

Old 07-06-2015, 08:51 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,404 times
Quote:

If you want to make a point in Denver forum, don't start bashing Denver and its weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver