U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,443 times

Advertisements

First off, let me thank everyone for all the wonderful information that has been posted so far. This is my first forum experiance and so far I have soaked up some very good knowledge.

Ok, now for the reason I am on here pestering you fine people for information! I am a 23 yr old, single male who is wanting to relocate to Denver, Co from London, Ky (southeast). I live in a pretty small town (<6000 people). I have two semesters of school under my belt thus far (soon to be 3 semesters at the end of May). I have lived in the same city all of my life and I have always wanted to live somewhere else. I started looking at schools that were away from Ky and I stumbled on Bel-Rea after talking to a friend of mine and expressed my love for animals. She suggested that I call and talk to someone about the school. Thus far the contact I have talked to (Donna) has been extremely helpful and expressed a much interest in my relocating to Co.

This is a pretty big step for me, obviously, so I would like some input from anyone who would like to help me out. I inherited a small place on the farm that my family shares, which is where I have been living for a few years now. I want to go to Bel-Rea as a full time student... but I know that coming from a low income family that I will basically be on my own. If anyone has seen Bel-Rea or experiances their teaching methods first hand PLEASE give me some feedback. I plan on flying out to Co and staying a weekend in the summer to see what I can gather of it myself, but I fear I will be a fish out of waters so to speak. There is a school closer to where I live (2 or 3 hours distance) which offers the same degree as Bel-Rea, however the price out here is higher (remarkably). Not to mention I am not sure if training at a Ky University would look as good as a degree from Bel-Rea. I have limited experiance in the field of animal care but it is something that I would really love to pursue. Most of my jobs around here have consisted of customer support, technical support, or just good old back breaking labor. I guess I am most concerned with the stuff I do not know. I live comfortably on my current pay, but its still under what most consider a 'decent' paycheck. I am sure I could afford an apartment, even if i didn't have a place of my own... but it would be a new experiance.

in short, I really feel drawn to Co... Like it is a step I am supposed to take in my life. I am just scared I suppose. Any help or information that I could get would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 PM

20,836 posts, read 39,052,603 times
Wolf Man, welcome to C-D, hope we can help you.

While waiting here for a reply on this one, have you checked the Pets forum for info that may be of help?

I can move this to that forum is that's a better location... let me know.

s/Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or