Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 03:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times

Advertisements

....but, snow.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:03 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Transplant, moved here 4 years ago.

I'm not a big winter sports person - I don't even ski. But I like the mountains, I like the weather and I like the city vibe of Denver. It's urban without being claustrophobic or crowded like NYC or Philly. I like being able to be in downtown Denver and then in the mountains in the space of an hour. I like that everyone seems to love dogs and the outdoors and that there are some spectacular bookshops here.

And really, what did it for me was that on the final day of my first visit here, I looked around and realized I was as home here as I was in my hometown, where I had lived my entire life, if not more so. I've traveled a decent amount, and yet it was an unusual feeling, especially after only 5 days.

If there was any hype, it's not any that I was paying attention to. I just have the life I've always wanted here, and that's priceless to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 03:05 PM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
....but, snow.
Snow?!? THERE IS SNOW THERE?!?? NEVERMIND, MOVE CANCELED!

I mean, I'm pretty sure we're not going to be the first people to ever move to snow / live in snow. I bet we'll figure it out

Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
Snow?!? THERE IS SNOW THERE?!?? NEVERMIND, MOVE CANCELED!

I mean, I'm pretty sure we're not going to be the first people to ever move to snow / live in snow. I bet we'll figure it out
That was a test, and you passed.

We have people that post here, along the lines of: "I'm from California, and I want to live in the mountains or near Denver. I've never seen snow before. Is it really that bad? Is it a lot? No, is it really? Are you sure? Really? I'm not sure if we could handle it.". And then we never hear from them again.

All of my CA family thinks I'm bonkers for living here. But then again, THEY've never lived anywhere else besides CA.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:30 PM

556 posts, read 762,689 times
Quote:

We have people that post here, along the lines of: "I'm from California, and I want to live in the mountains or near Denver. I've never seen snow before. Is it really that bad? Is it a lot? No, is it really? Are you sure? Really? I'm not sure if we could handle it.". And then we never hear from them again.

All of my CA family thinks I'm bonkers for living here. But then again, THEY've never lived anywhere else besides CA.
Well, truth be told, neither have I. But I'm up for the challenge

Old 07-21-2015, 03:32 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:

I was told by friends of mine that I would move back to San Diego within six months of moving here. Well, it has been over 16 years now.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I was told by friends of mine that I would move back to San Diego within six months of moving here. Well, it has been over 16 years now.
Me too! But I've only been here half as long as you.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:40 PM

Location: I roam around. Spend most my time in the West or the Northwoods.
132 posts, read 180,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
You're quoting the WildEarth Guardians? They're just as partisan and stilted as the pro-fracking groups.
OK. I will quote more mainstream sources.

"Smog still is decreasing in major U.S. cities that clamp down on vehicles and industry. But in Colorado, smog levels have increased since 2010, consistently exceeding the federal 75 parts per billion standard for ozone at multiple locations." Front Range smog complicates push for oil and gas industry air rules - The Denver Post

"Too many days with poor air quality put Denver at No. 5 on a list of big U.S. counties where man-made environmental hazards are prevalent." http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...-list-exposure

Old 07-22-2015, 09:25 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Do you think the growth of Denver will lead to population growth in the mountain cities as well (Eagle, Steamboat Springs, etc)?

Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 AM

531 posts, read 1,145,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Do you think the growth of Denver will lead to population growth in the mountain cities as well (Eagle, Steamboat Springs, etc)?
There has been significant population in most mountain cities like the two you mentioned in the last thirty years. It isn't necessarily related to the growth of Denver though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver