Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 PM

83 posts, read 207,122 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys
Can you recommend any apartment complexes within a 25-30 min tops commute to Greenwood Village?
I will be in town starting Saturday (Aug 1) trough Thursday to look at places for future job move. Job would be in the Greenwood Village close to Fiddlers Green Amphitheatre.
I have read from previous threads that areas to look at, would be Englewood, Centennial, South Aurora of course Greenwood Village as well but I don't necessarily need to live 5 minutes from work if I can get something better for the money in adjacent suburbs.
Issue is, there's so many apartment complexes listed online and of course most have some happy/unhappy customers its hard to decide what to look at just from a website, they all put the best of pictures and look nice but I rather rely more on actual personal experience from people who live(d) there or know someone who does
Looking at renting 2 bedroom/2 bathroom , we'd rather stay <= $1800.
Not looking for many amenities, but close to shopping/walking areas would be nice. More interested that the apartments themselves be nice / updated and not worn out, old appliances etc..
Some of what I've seen online so you get an idea are:

The Parc at Greenwood Village
The Enclave @ Belleview
Ballantyne Apartments (Englewood)
Griffis Centennial Park
Sanctuary at Tallyns Reach (Aurora)
Savoy at Dayton Station (Aurora)
Zenith Meridian (Englewood)
Greenwood Park (Centennial)

Again no personal experience just gathered these online due to location (neighborhoods) and some decent reviews in Google, but there are many so its basically just random picking. Id put more weight as I said on personal experience (with these or any you'd recommend) with the place than just blindly searching in Google.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,606,216 times
Add The Portola at Streets at Southglenn. Walking distance to lots of amenities in Centennial.

Centennial CO Apartments | Apartments in Centennial CO

Also apartments just south of there which are older. Great area to be in for commute to Greenwood Village.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM

14 posts, read 17,021 times
My son works in Greenwood Village and lives in the Cierra Crest apartments on South Monaco. He's been there a little over a year and likes it there.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 PM

33 posts, read 42,341 times
We lived at the Enclave at Belleview Station from Jan '13 - March '14. We liked it. It was clean, well kept. We rarely had maintenance issues, but when something did pop up they were great. They responded and fixed the issue within a day or two TOPS. The office staff was always great. The entire complex was updated a couple of years ago. We were in a 2 bed/ 2 bath unit with an attached 1 car garage. They had stainless steal appliances. They weren't top of the line stuff, but they were fine. We also full sized washer and dryer in the unit. As far as close to shopping, nothing is within walking distance. But you're very close to I25 which gets you to tons of shopping quickly (except during rush hour). The lightrail is about a 20 minute walk. Traffic on Belleview can get pretty bad during rush hour. Overall I would recommend it.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:57 AM

Thank you for the responses, I am taking note of these so I can check them out once we get there!

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
I lived here for 1 1/2 years and we really enjoyed it. The apartments are all updated and the staff is really nice. Also, you get a heated pool which seems to be rare around here.

Luxury Apartments in Prime Location Near Denver Tech Center | Promenade Place

I don't know the cost of their 2/2 so you might have to contact them.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:53 AM

371 posts, read 1,211,415 times
I live in Ballantyne. One of the main reasons I chose to live here is that it's within walking distance to the light rail station. I use the light rail a lot so it's worth it to me. If you're not planning on using the light rail, IMO you can get more for your money at other complexes that aren't as close to it. Part of the reason the price is so high here is proximity to the rail. I lived in a considerably nicer complex on the north side of town for less rent, but no access to public transportation. My apartment is nice enough, but it's small, and with the already high price I can't afford a unit with a patio or a garage. Anything requiring maintenance has been fixed very quickly. I have no problems with noise now because I happen to have quiet neighbors. When I first moved in, noise was a huge issue because the walls are so thin. I could always hear the guy in the apartment next to me talking on his phone!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison21 View Post
I live in Ballantyne. One of the main reasons I chose to live here is that it's within walking distance to the light rail station. I use the light rail a lot so it's worth it to me. If you're not planning on using the light rail, IMO you can get more for your money at other complexes that aren't as close to it. Part of the reason the price is so high here is proximity to the rail. I lived in a considerably nicer complex on the north side of town for less rent, but no access to public transportation. My apartment is nice enough, but it's small, and with the already high price I can't afford a unit with a patio or a garage. Anything requiring maintenance has been fixed very quickly. I have no problems with noise now because I happen to have quiet neighbors. When I first moved in, noise was a huge issue because the walls are so thin. I could always hear the guy in the apartment next to me talking on his phone!
Thank you for the advice! I believe i read something about the walls being real thin on some of the reviews as well....guess you luck out if you get quiet neighbors but otherwise can be a pain. I would ask about the other complex name you mentioned but if it was in the north part of town (guessing north Denver?) might be a bit far for my commute...

Old 07-30-2015, 11:23 AM

371 posts, read 1,211,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typ8lbb View Post
Thank you for the advice! I believe i read something about the walls being real thin on some of the reviews as well....guess you luck out if you get quiet neighbors but otherwise can be a pain. I would ask about the other complex name you mentioned but if it was in the north part of town (guessing north Denver?) might be a bit far for my commute...
My other apartment was in Thornton- way too far for your commute. And although it was a really nice apartment, the location wasn't nice at all. When I moved down here I made location more of a priority.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:30 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,417,131 times
You have The Sanctuary at Tallyn's Reach in your list. I know someone who lives there and he likes it a lot. He's in one of the townhomes and has a 2-car garage in his unit. He said parking can be tight when you're in the apartments and have 2 cars. You get garage space for 1, but have to park the second in the general lot. I drive by here all the time and the complex looks nice and it's a very nice area. But it's very suburban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver