U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM

965 posts, read 862,764 times

Advertisements

My Brother's Bar, Gabor's (surprisingly enough), Blake Street Tavern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 04:19 PM

456 posts, read 1,437,843 times
OOOH, Where's My Brother's Bar?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,740,559 times
Jack-n-Grill, a New Mexico themed restaurant on Federal, has really good burgers, particularly if your idea of good is having green chiles on your burger.

There's a chain called "five guys" that just showed up in Metro Denver; they're mainly in the Washington D.C. area before this. I haven't yet tried their new Aurora location, but other locations I've been to before have been excellent.

Also, most of the bars and brewpubs in LoDo do a pretty good burger, Mayor Hick's own Wynkoop included.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:24 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,740,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
OOOH, Where's My Brother's Bar?
It's on the corner of 15th & Platte, next to REI and across from Vitamin Cottage. It's actually Denver's oldest bar (still in operation), and they have no sign on the door (The door actually faces the corner). Their burgers are pretty good, I wouldn't personally say the best in Denver, and they do have a great beer selection, and their patio is outstanding. I like that they play only classical music there, other than their live performances.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 AM

5,608 posts, read 20,670,324 times
Good Times... Colorado's answer to In-N-Out. Ok, maybe not really, but for fast food it's pretty decent. As you can tell from my photo tours I've taken pictures of at least 3 or 4 different Goodtimes franchises.

I haven't been there since I was a little kid, but if my memory serves me correctly there's a shack of a place in Empire (on the way to Berthoud Pass, Winter Park, etc) called "Dairy King" that has AWESOME hamburgers.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:12 PM

655 posts, read 1,804,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy101 View Post
Just tried Bud's Burgers in Sedalia. Wow. Was it bad.

I can't believe they're in some top 100 burgers list in America.

Ratty bar, burgers come plain or with cheese, add your own mustard/ketchup. No lettuce or tomato, but pickles and onions served in a bowl on the side. The bun. Standard bun, but must have been frozen and heated to 450 degrees in a plastic bag in a microwave for 20 minutes on high. Meat was bland, no seasoning at all.

No fries, just plain lays chips to go with it.

4 thumbs down from my wife and I.
Sad to say I agree. Don't get the hype about this.

I love 5 Guys, now it has a couple of locations. Best Burger I've had around though is Cheeburger Cheeburger just south of C-470 on Yosemite. You can really customize that stuff. Who would've know Bleu Cheese with Guacamole and roasted red peppers would taste so good!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-21-2009 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Added link.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:43 PM

23 posts, read 52,771 times
love five guys!!!! and fuddruckers is pretty good too

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-21-2009 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Added links.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 PM

345 posts, read 869,284 times
I like the burgers at Cherry Cricket. Smashburger is good, but not so good that I feel compelled to return. The Counter is good and I'll go there periodically.

Has anyone tried the burgers at Marcyzk's Fine Foods in Uptown? I hear they grill burgers on Friday nights.

For sliders I like Diego Zhang's in Centennial (Peoria & Arapahoe).

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-21-2009 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Added link.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM

428 posts, read 363,430 times
I just want to weigh in for the Cherry Cricket. The burgers are great, and the joint has atmosphere.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 PM

65 posts, read 185,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
I like the burgers at Cherry Cricket. Smashburger is good, but not so good that I feel compelled to return. The Counter is good and I'll go there periodically.

Has anyone tried the burgers at Marcyzk's Fine Foods in Uptown? I hear they grill burgers on Friday nights.

For sliders I like Diego Zhang's in Centennial (Peoria & Arapahoe).
I use their burger meat when I grill. It's seriously good stuff - salt and pepper, no other seasoning needed. You can eat it rare or medium rare easily, which for me is a tough sell when it's ground beef.

I recently had a burger from The Berkshire in Stapleton. the smoked bacon and cheese that they used were stellar. It should be in consideration.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-21-2009 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Added link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or