U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM

1,700 posts, read 4,062,048 times

Advertisements

I love a Five Guy's burger with fresh fixin's, crisp fries, and a sweet tea. Reminds me of back East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,016 times
Just tried Mary's bar and grill on 17th today for the 1st time. Burger was great. It was cooked just how I wanted and the bun was really soft and tasty...now about the place. I think it's what I would call a "gay-friendly" bar. Nothing against that, but I was a bit surprised. Am I wrong about that?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 PM

965 posts, read 866,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneYearGuy View Post
Just tried Mary's bar and grill on 17th today for the 1st time. Burger was great. It was cooked just how I wanted and the bun was really soft and tasty...now about the place. I think it's what I would call a "gay-friendly" bar. Nothing against that, but I was a bit surprised. Am I wrong about that?
Nope, you're not wrong. Hamburger Mary's is a San Fransisco based gay-orientated restaurant chain, plus Mary's is located in the gayest part of Denver. In gay slang, "Mary" refers to a feminine gay guy or drag queen.

That said, I find the food there (especially the hamburgers) to be mediocre at best and overpriced.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-27-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: add a link

Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,308,472 times
I don't understand the love for Cherry Cricket burgers. I like the place but I thought the burgers were really gross.

So far my favorite in Denver would have to be "Old School Burgers"

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Add a link.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:11 PM

573 posts, read 2,284,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
I love a Five Guy's burger with fresh fixin's, crisp fries, and a sweet tea. Reminds me of back East.
I'm not living in Denver right now, but the DC area instead. Glad to know that 5 Guys is actually really good (they all look kinda sketchy) cause I can't wait to try one

Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,020,155 times
Check out Burger Madness in Boulder at the Dark Horse. They are not the best in town, but up there.
Grab a brew and burger on the outdoor patio, and check out the FlatIrons..A true Boulder institution.

website below
index

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM

712 posts, read 1,943,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Five Guys fries = good.. burger = average.. I don't know a best burger in denver of course I've had the now everywhere smashburger.. (just a few years ago there was just one on colorado) and "old school" has been reduced to their 1 location.. so no comment on best burger haven't had it yet..

Five guys = average (fries are better)
smashburger = above average (fries are mcdonalds )
old school = average (fries are better)

Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 PM

655 posts, read 1,808,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
Five Guys fries = good.. burger = average.. I don't know a best burger in denver of course I've had the now everywhere smashburger.. (just a few years ago there was just one on colorado) and "old school" has been reduced to their 1 location.. so no comment on best burger haven't had it yet..

Five guys = average (fries are better)
smashburger = above average (fries are mcdonalds )
old school = average (fries are better)
That's the fun part of picking the best - nobody is going to agree!

For me: Five Guys burgers are above average and the fries are great.
Smashburger burgers are above average and fries are below average
Old School - burgers are below average fries are average

When you say fries are mcdonalds - is that good or bad?

Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM

345 posts, read 871,144 times
I count 5 Guys as my cheap burger place. If I want to get something a little nicer I go to The Counter, Park Burger or Cherry Cricket.

Larkburger opened a location in the DTC recently and H Burger opened in downtown. Has anyone had the opportunity to try either of these places?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM

655 posts, read 1,808,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
I count 5 Guys as my cheap burger place. If I want to get something a little nicer I go to The Counter, Park Burger or Cherry Cricket.

Larkburger opened a location in the DTC recently and H Burger opened in downtown. Has anyone had the opportunity to try either of these places?
I've had to create a 3rd category - medium price burger place. Five guys fits into that since it's a bit more than cheap but less than expensive!

Cherry Cricket wasn't my thing. The Counter is just 1/2 mile from Cheeburger Cheeburger which I've found to be so good and similar in the build-your-own that I haven't been there. Larkburger looked like a cool place to try! Couldn't find much about H Burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or