Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested in heading south of Denver, the GlenMeadow open space - I think it is exit 190 off of I-25 - has a dog park. It is completely fenced-in with walking path around it. It's nice because there are not a lot of dogs just hanging out in one spot - cuts down on the skirmishes!! We take our 2 labs there several times a week and they love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Hey, BlueWillowPlate, why did you change your name? Just curious.
Pitt, I mostly did it because I post at other places on the internet, and I don't want to flood the web with Cil posts.
Sorry for the hijack in this thread, but I could not DM pittnurse.

To better try to address the OP's request (dog park near downtown) I remember reading about dog owners furtively going off leash someplace in Platte Park.
This below is intriguing and promising:
proposed Railyard Dogs Park
Maybe some day there will be a real dog park near downtown.
I was spectacularly unimpressed with what they came up with in the last couple years I was in Denver.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Default Any Decent Dog Parks in and around Denver

considering relocating to denver area and just wondering if there are open space areas for dogs to run off leash without a hassle? currently live in a rural setting where the dogs can run at will.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:19 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Loads of them. I just did a google search on 'denver area dog parks'.

Denver Area | Dog Goes

Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM

48 posts, read 101,984 times
Cherry Creek State park open space and Chatfield State Park are both great and very popular dog parks. Lots of open space at both, water at both, and a ton of dogs at both. Just stay away on Saturdays...way too many people. The only 'hassle' with these two is that you do need a park pass, $80 a year, and a pet pass, $20 a year.

In and around Denver there are great parks too, but more urbanized. Fenced in dirt areas is pretty much all you get for off leash in the city, which is fine for me, but maybe not for you or others...there is one by East High School(Dirt area inside a fence) that I go to a lot and one at Barnum Park (Fenced in around 6th ave, and a lake borders Federal Blvd) which is great because it's a nice grassy, shaded area.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
Denver currently has eleven dog parks located in the following parks:

Berkeley Dog Park - Sheridan and West 46th
Barnum Dog Park - Hooker and West 5th
Kennedy Dog Park - Hampden and South Dayton
Josephine Dog Park - Josephine and 16th Avenue
Fuller Dog Park - Franklin and East 29th
Green Valley Ranch East Dog Park - Jebel and East 45th
Stapleton Dog Park - East 24th Avenue and Syracuse Street
Railyard Dog Park - 19th Avenue and Little Raven Street
Lowry Dog Park - East 4th Place and South Yosemite Way
Greenway Dog Park - E 22nd Ave and Syracuse Street
Parkfield Dog Park- 53rd Avenue and Chambers Road

There is a small off leash dog park at 22nd Avenue and Washington in Uptown.

Denver Dog Parks and Dog Parks Master Plan

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver