U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-15-2015, 09:06 AM
 
3,469 posts, read 1,719,481 times
Reputation: 7109

Advertisements

I did have a 3-hr delay but we are now CLOSED!

 
Old 12-15-2015, 09:32 AM
 
Location: on a hill
346 posts, read 393,553 times
Reputation: 454
Growing up in Boulder County it took a lot more snow than this to close school districts.
WIMPS!
 
Old 12-15-2015, 09:53 AM
 
Location: The analog world
17,086 posts, read 9,873,330 times
Reputation: 22744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Growing up in Boulder County it took a lot more snow than this to close school districts.
WIMPS!
You don't live south of town. There is no traction. Cars keep spinning out right outside my kitchen window. I-70 has been closed, and there is a report of a multi-vehicle accident involving eight tractor-trailers on the highway. There are also multiple accidents on I-25. We're not wimps. We're prudent. Sometimes it's just best to take a day off from work, clear your driveway, and let the plow operators do their job.
 
Old 12-15-2015, 11:57 AM
 
Location: on a hill
346 posts, read 393,553 times
Reputation: 454
Moreover, this was long before all-wheel drive and the like came along. Folks actually knew how to drive in these conditions with rear wheel drive and good tires. If you were fortunate, you had posi-traction and/or 4wheel drive.
Today, far too many drivers believe 4wheel drive equals 4wheel stop. Alas, the diminishing returns of technology.
 
Old 12-15-2015, 12:54 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,282 posts, read 8,094,328 times
Reputation: 8923
My office closed as well as DCSD. I measured 11 inches on my patio table. Yikes, this wasn't forecast. Can you say up slope? I have shoveled twice already.
 
Old 12-15-2015, 12:56 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,282 posts, read 8,094,328 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Moreover, this was long before all-wheel drive and the like came along. Folks actually knew how to drive in these conditions with rear wheel drive and good tires. If you were fortunate, you had posi-traction and/or 4wheel drive.
Today, far too many drivers believe 4wheel drive equals 4wheel stop. Alas, the diminishing returns of technology.
You sound like the hipster of snow driving.
 
Old 12-15-2015, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
21,873 posts, read 23,160,111 times
Reputation: 37276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
My office closed as well as DCSD. I measured 11 inches on my patio table. Yikes, this wasn't forecast. Can you say up slope? I have shoveled twice already.
Are you talking about the weather pattern or the tasty, apres - shoveling beverage?
 
Old 12-15-2015, 03:52 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,282 posts, read 8,094,328 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Are you talking about the weather pattern or the tasty, apres - shoveling beverage?
I wish it was the latter.
 
Old 12-15-2015, 05:35 PM
 
Location: CO
2,455 posts, read 2,627,204 times
Reputation: 5196
That was like shoveling 10 inches of wet cement. I prefer fluffy snow!
 
Old 12-15-2015, 06:07 PM
 
3,469 posts, read 1,719,481 times
Reputation: 7109
Quote:
That was like shoveling 10 inches of wet cement. I prefer fluffy snow!
Funny. My husband swore it WAS fluffy snow. Guess we're too used to the wet east-coast slop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top