U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 AM

2,171 posts, read 3,657,490 times

Advertisements

I love subscribing to various city (and state/or regional) magazines.

I've received 5380 in the past. Is it still published 12 months per year?

I noticed a 303.com magazine on my search just now, but it appears it's online only?

Does Sunset still feature Colorado articles occasionally! I'm not even sure where it's published or focused on (seems the west coast?)

I think I saw a monthly state magazine listed in my search...(Colorado Life?)...is that in print also? Monthly or quarterly?

Does Colorado Springs have a magazine, or used to? Maybe a magazine covers western Colorado or the Rockies?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,057,743 times
COS has Colorado Springs Style magazine; Colorado Springs Style: Things To Do, Events, Restaurants, Food, Health and Community News for Colorado Springs, Colorado

Most of the bigger ski towns (Vail, Aspen, Steamboat, Telluride, etc) will have a periodical publication that they publish a couple of times year.

Colorado Mountain Town has a magazine published quarterly: MTN Town Magazine | Colorado Mountain Town Living - Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Nightlife, Events, Living and More

Sunset does occasionally feature Colorado locales. Sunset tends to focus on everything from the Rockies west, so it is a much more broad reaching publication.

AAA Colorado publishes a monthly magazine as well, but you have to be a member to receive it.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:00 AM

13,918 posts, read 20,116,543 times
Colorado Homes and Lifestyles Magazine | Home Design, Interior Decorating
Subscribe

Modern In Denver – Modern Living Inside & Out
https://checkout.subscriptiongenius....nindenver.com/

Old 09-24-2015, 12:33 PM

12,222 posts, read 7,997,708 times
High Times might be handy to have here in town.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:10 PM

369 posts, read 838,459 times
Sunset is based out of the SF Bay Area and focuses on the western half of the country. They publish 5 regional editions each month:

http://www.sunset.com/static/mediaki...dEditorial.pdf

Each issue then has some regional content and ads. The main content is generic to the western US, but it skews heavily to California in general. The regional content is small and given the Rocky Mountain area covers four states, is usually pretty high level stuff (3 things to do in Carbondale kind of thing) - not in depth local coverage.

Not sure about how often 5280 publishes - you should check their website to see.

As for the others, Google is your friend

Old 09-24-2015, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 648 times
Colorado Life Magazine has excellent photography and interesting stories covering the entire state. The issues are bimonthly (Jan/Feb, March/April, etc.), and a year's subscription is $21. [url=http://www.coloradolifemagazine.com/]Colorado Life[/url]

Old 09-29-2015, 12:57 PM

20,749 posts, read 11,519,071 times
Mountain Living | Mountain Homes, Design & Architecture

I haven't seen this magazine but I just got an Amazon Local Deal offer on it.

https://local.amazon.com/denver/B00N...26src%3Demail&

Old 09-29-2015, 02:10 PM

5,166 posts, read 8,271,058 times
Westword is available on-line, but I don't see how to subscribe to its print version. Is it only available at newsstands, etc ?

Denver News and Events | Westword
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or