U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 PM

381 posts, read 1,103,171 times

Advertisements

HI,
I'm new to the boards, my name is Maddie Claire.
My husband was offered a job with Washington Group, located in the DTC area (a designing job).
Anyone know anything about the company? How about the cost of living in the DTC area?
Any input would be so appreciated

Many thanks,
Maddie Claire
PS We'll be moving from South Carolina if he accepts the job offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 PM

650 posts, read 2,085,483 times
Hey there-
I don't know anything about the company. However, the DTC area is nice. Their are homes that are in Parker and Highlands Ranch that are great. I live in the Colorado Springs area but that is what I heard. bashep

Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 PM

615 posts, read 2,165,513 times
Within a short commute to DTC there are lots of great communities to live.

Do you have a price range you are looking at? You can find homes from around $250K up past the $1 million range. There is new construction and older homes.

If you have kids, the areas surrounding DTC have excellent schools (Douglas County and Cherry Creek school districts). What else is important to you in finding a place to live?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 AM

226 posts, read 962,571 times
Maddie,

I am not familiar with Washington Group other than a quick look at their site wgint.com. The cost of living in Denver will be a little higher than most areas of South Carolina, but hopefully the higher rate of pay will offset the difference. It is unlikely that you will actually choose to live in the Tech Center. It is difficult to find a nice single family home for under $200k. You will probably want to look at Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Parker, or just about any area south of Denver. I have several clients who purchased homes as far south as Larkspur and Monument because they want more of a “Colorado Feel” and they commute daily to the DTC without any issue.

What is important to you in a house and area? I would be happy to suggest specific areas.

-Ben-

Old 11-16-2006, 06:41 AM

Default Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the replys...right now any and all help is appreciated.
We know nothing about Denver (with the exception that it's simply beautiful!), and this move is going to be completely sight unseen.
We have no children so schools is not a priority, but we do live a pretty quiet lifestyle and will probably continue that in Denver. We love being outdoors, and admit we'll have to get use to the Denver weather (no snow in south carolina).
Anyways, I would like to rent an upscale apartment or condo in the DTC area, or the near vicinity. Someplace modern and pretty, yet on the quiet side.
Keep in mind that we're completely in the dark about Denver and not sure what to expect... and if my request seem too far fetched it's because we simply don't know the area.
Many thanks to all of you for your help and kindness.

Maddie Claire

Old 11-16-2006, 07:09 AM

8,673 posts, read 19,330,735 times
what are you looking to spend and what would be a tolerable commute?

Old 11-16-2006, 07:28 AM

$1,200.00 to $1,500.00 per month, I figure, is a reasonable amount for rent.
Commute time: Maybe 20 minutes? Is that reasonable? Until we get use to the snow driving, anyway
We would like to be close to things.... shopping, theatres, restaurants, etc., and feel comfortable enough to be able to walk (and park) outdoors and feel safe.
Denver looks so beautiful, and I hear the sunshine is plentiful (I love the sun!), and read there is so much to do and enjoy in Denver and the surrounding areas.
So, I guess we want to be as close to DTC as possible, and wonder if there are condos or apartments in that area..
Once we figure out where to live I think we'll be "good to go."
Thanks again for all your help!

Maddie Claire

Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 PM

226 posts, read 864,051 times
i actually live in dtc. there are mostly office buildings there but there are a few apartments and condos. it's pretty nice on the weekends because there is almost no traffic.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .gif View Post
i actually live in dtc. there are mostly office buildings there but there are a few apartments and condos. it's pretty nice on the weekends because there is almost no traffic.
What are the names of the apartments and Condos in the area?
Do you like living in that area?? Are there restaurants and shopping close by?

Maddie Claire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver