Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,727 times

Advertisements

So are there any towns in the 15-20 mile radius around Littleton that have kick a$$ schools plus reasonably priced houses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:42 PM

126 posts, read 143,827 times
Well....there's Littleton. I suggest you look there first. The Denver metro isn't like back east where there's a ton of little towns all clustered together. It's more giant, sprawling suburbs that go on and on...

Old 10-05-2015, 09:44 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,439,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
So are there any towns in the 15-20 mile radius around Littleton that have kick a$$ schools plus reasonably priced houses?
What's your definition of reasonable? How much house do you want and how much do you want to spend?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:37 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,263,434 times
I don't think Littleton is going to be more expensive than Cherry Hill. I think, in general the weather is better in the Denver area than in Jersey. I'm from outside of Trenton. Winters don't send me into a depression spiral here and the cold isn't the damp kind that you feel in your bones.

Littleton is quite nice in general, though I haven't spent any time in the older areas. What I miss are the river towns of PA and NJ and the sense of history that was just pervasive throughout the area. Plus the cozy pubs and sandwich shops, I used to frequent. The vibe in Colorado is different, and sometimes I miss the Jersey vibe.

But the mountains make up for it.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:25 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
I'm being considered for a promotion but would have to move to Littleton, CO from Cherry Hill, NJ if I want to take the promotion. I'd really appreciate it if someone could weigh in on the cost of living in Cherry Hill vs. Littleton. I have 3 young kids, the oldest of which just started kindergarten so being around good schools is a must. I've heard and read a ton of good stuff about living in Colorado but haven't heard too much negative. Is CO really as great a place as people are saying? Just looking for the truth. I don't want to move my whole family and wind up hating it. Thanks!
There are plenty of online COL calculators that let you compare cities. Of course, they all need to be taken with a grain of salt. There's less concern about "good" school districts here b/c most of them actually ARE good!
Cost of living: How far will my salary go in another city? - CNNMoney I wouldn't go 15-20 miles out if I could help it. The commute can be a big problem when it snows, like doubling your drive time.

For a move of that magnitude, there will be an adjustment. You will miss some things about Jersey, no doubt. But hopefully, those things will be replaced with good things about CO.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:08 AM

17,875 posts, read 27,267,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Littleton is not Denver ....don't know why this was moved.
She wants to be 15-20 m out.
Pueblo isn't Denver either, nor is Pueblo West, nor is Fowler, nor is Manzanola, nor is Rocky Ford, nor is Swink, nor is La Junta, nor is Las Animas, nor is Hasty, nor is Mc Clave, nor is Wiley, nor is May Valley, nor is Lamar, nor is Springfield, nor is Grenada, nor is Holly, nor is Walsh, nor is Two Buttes, nor is Kim, nor is Campo, nor is Pritchett, nor is Branson, nor is Trinidad, nor is Walsenburg, nor is LaVeta, nor is Colorado City Rye and San Isabel, nor is Beulah, nor is Cañon City, nor is Salida, nor is Sargent, nor is Center, nor is Del Norte, nor is Sanford, nor is South Fork, nor is Pagosa Springs, nor is Durango, nor is Cortez, nor is Ignacio, nor is Bayfield, nor is Paonia, nor is Cedaredge, nor is Montrose, nor is Grand Junction, nor is Meeker, nor is Aspen, nor is Basalt, nor is Flagler, nor is Seibert, nor is Vona, nor is Bethune, nor is Stratton, nor is Burlington, nor is Wray, nor is Holyoke, nor is Joes, nor is Haxtun, nor is Akron, nor is Julesburg, nor is Wiggins, nor is Otis, nor is Calhan, ...

All places that don't have their own Colorado subforum.

I'm of the opinion that all of the Denver GMR excluding Boulder shlould not just get thrown into this vast expanse of 108,000+ square miles which is the large state of Colorado.

Thank you Moderators for the work you do here.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:17 AM

26,115 posts, read 48,706,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Pueblo isn't Denver either, nor is Pueblo West, nor is Fowler, nor is Manzanola, nor is Rocky Ford, nor is Swink, nor is La Junta, nor is Las Animas, nor is Hasty, nor is Mc Clave, nor is Wiley, nor is May Valley, nor is Lamar, nor is Springfield, nor is Grenada, nor is Holly, nor is Walsh, nor is Two Buttes, nor is Kim, nor is Campo, nor is Pritchett, nor is Branson, nor is Trinidad, nor is Walsenburg, nor is LaVeta, nor is Colorado City Rye and San Isabel, nor is Beulah, nor is Cañon City, nor is Salida, nor is Sargent, nor is Center, nor is Del Norte, nor is Sanford, nor is South Fork, nor is Pagosa Springs, nor is Durango, nor is Cortez, nor is Ignacio, nor is Bayfield, nor is Paonia, nor is Cedaredge, nor is Montrose, nor is Grand Junction, nor is Meeker, nor is Aspen, nor is Basalt, nor is Flagler, nor is Seibert, nor is Vona, nor is Bethune, nor is Stratton, nor is Burlington, nor is Wray, nor is Holyoke, nor is Joes, nor is Haxtun, nor is Akron, nor is Julesburg, nor is Wiggins, nor is Otis, nor is Calhan, ...

All places that don't have their own Colorado subforum.

I'm of the opinion that all of the Denver GSA excluding Boulder shlould not just get thrown into this vast expanse of 108,000+ square miles which is the large state of Colorado.

Thank you Moderators for the work you do here.
Dogster, I've urged the site owner on several occasions to bust up the Colorado forum into distinct geographic regions so that every inch of the state is in one of 8-10 specific regional forums. Although it would be somewhat arbitrary it could be done, but his organizational scheme is to stick to four major city areas and let the rest go into one big bucket. I've also made the case for a Pueblo regional forum but have not prevailed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:48 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,086,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmoray View Post
Well....there's Littleton. I suggest you look there first. The Denver metro isn't like back east where there's a ton of little towns all clustered together. It's more giant, sprawling suburbs that go on and on...
Part of what will matter is WHERE in Littleton.

OP can you provide a specific address or major cross streets for where you will work? That would be most helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver