Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:39 AM

760 posts, read 882,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
When you run your credit card through one of the screens asks if you want to tip 10%, 15% or 20% or nothing at all. I assume it is the same as Jersey Mike's.
It's actually a slightly different interface than other places that use a Square reader.

Instead of the typical screen where it has the total amount, then an additional tip %, followed by your signature, it only displays the tip amounts as [$1], [$2], [$3]. The buttons for those on the screen are huge, and if you don't want to tip, you have to push the no tip button, go to a different screen and then sign. It's also annoying because most places will have the screen tilted on an angle, and they then turn the screen away from them while you sign, and they will usually go get your order while you finish. But there, the screen is flat on the counter, and they watch you complete the entire process. It's seriously designed to compel people to tip.

Don't get me wrong, I am always a good tipper and am empathetic to those in the service industry. But I despise any skeezy procedures like that basically hold the customer hostage for tips.

Typically the more anonymous the tipping procedure is, the more I am likely to tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
thanks for the info. That doesn't bother me too much, I'm more likely to throw a couple of bucks into a tip jar than I am to put it in the card, even if that's how I'm paying.

But I do agree that it seems like an awkward way to have it, to try shame people into tipping. And I don't think that counter help who do earn at least minimum wage should get tipped the way servers do, when they have to work a lot harder plus they make sub minimum tipped wages.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:36 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
thanks for the info. That doesn't bother me too much, I'm more likely to throw a couple of bucks into a tip jar than I am to put it in the card, even if that's how I'm paying.

But I do agree that it seems like an awkward way to have it, to try shame people into tipping. And I don't think that counter help who do earn at least minimum wage should get tipped the way servers do, when they have to work a lot harder plus they make sub minimum tipped wages.
I tend to throw a buck or two into a tip jar too. I used to work those type of jobs when I was younger so I totally understand how it is.

Speaking of ice cream I had Cold Stone last night because they were having an event for my daughter's school. I have never really been a fan of theirs but the ice cream I had last night was incredible.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,097 times
The soft serve at the Milehigh fleamarket is what the original poster was looking for. All that crap at culvers and Dairy Queen is a bunch of bull**** compared to classic soft serve ice cream. I was trying to help the guy out, And find what he was looking for.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 PM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
I had no idea that the lack of crappy soft serve ice "cream" could cause a person's death.
We will miss you Cody.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Cody hasn't been back since he started this thread 18 months ago so no need to keep this thread going for his sake, so I could close it...

but....

I like soft serve ice cream too, so let's keep it open and increase our knowledge of what Denver has to offer.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
For Culvers around but not in Denver https://www.culvers.com/locator?plac...rado&locate=Go

Old 06-02-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson Duffy View Post
The soft serve at the Milehigh fleamarket is what the original poster was looking for. All that crap at culvers and Dairy Queen is a bunch of bull**** compared to classic soft serve ice cream. I was trying to help the guy out, And find what he was looking for.
Are you sure that is what the OP was looking for? Who knew soft serve was such a touchy subject with some people.

To each their own.

I like Culvers. I like DQ. I like Freddy's. I have never been to the fleamarket so I can't comment on that.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
For Culvers around but not in Denver https://www.culvers.com/locator?plac...rado&locate=Go
I have been to the one in Parker. I could easily see them opening more in the metro area.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Cody hasn't been back since he started this thread 18 months ago so no need to keep this thread going for his sake, so I could close it...

but....

I like soft serve ice cream too, so let's keep it open and increase our knowledge of what Denver has to offer.
I agree. I love soft serve and ice cream in general. It is my Achilles heal.

Please guide me to the good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver