Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 06:36 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,698,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Um... First of all, that pic makes Denver look greener than it is except for a few pockets like by the Botanical Gardens. But yes, Denver is cheaper than those other cities and the job market is good. But by that criteria a lot of Midwest cities would beat it by a fair amount.

As far as amenities, Indianapolis has bike paths too. The mountains are overrated because the view isn't that spectacular and you really can write off going into them if you try to go there on a weekend because of traffic. It seems like weather and mountains must be big draws for people though.
Denver actually looks like that during the warmer months though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 07:55 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy303 View Post
I was just in Boston for a week and downtown didn't really seem all that lively at night. I found the Back Bay and the North End to be where all the action was in close proximity but those neighborhoods aren't really considered downtown, are they? I guess it really depends on what's considered downtown for either city.

Regardless, all those quotes are just opinion based anyways such as this gem, "..Denver is downright provincial compared to Boston."

Personally, I quite like Boston (a lot) and I'd move there in a heartbeat if given the chance.
There's a dead part around Post Office Square, but Quincy Market/Fanueil Hall & Downtown Crossing are usually very busy at night.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:32 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Nobody goes to the mountains. They're too crowded.

Thanks Yogi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: