U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 650 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone

I will be moving to Denver from Atlanta, GA in mid to late November. My office is going to be in Downtown 17th and Curtis, so I am planning to look for an apartment in Downtown/LoDo Area.

The main reason being I hate driving in city traffic, and the time spent looking at the next car's taillights is never gonna come back :P . I like the city living but would love to keep my car with me for all the weekend trips. Anyhow with all the features (location, included covered parking, etc etc) I was looking for and within my budget, I have zeroed it down to Solera Apartments in lodo(Boston Lofts was a close contender)

Anyone living there currently or in the past, can you share your thoughts please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM

53 posts, read 45,223 times
I don't have specific advice on that apartment complex but wanted to give you a little perspective on traffic. It is relative. You are coming from Atlanta, we came from DC...
As frustrating as I'm sure it is for those who have been here years and have seen an increase, the traffic is nothing, especially downtown. If you're used to taking an hour to go 7 miles as I was, it will be a relief commuting here.

We are at commons park west and very happy here. It's close enough that everything is walkable, but not on top of lodo or ballpark. I'd recommend checking it and the surrounding apartments out.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:05 PM

245 posts, read 250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandinder View Post
Hey everyone

I will be moving to Denver from Atlanta, GA in mid to late November. My office is going to be in Downtown 17th and Curtis, so I am planning to look for an apartment in Downtown/LoDo Area.

The main reason being I hate driving in city traffic, and the time spent looking at the next car's taillights is never gonna come back :P . I like the city living but would love to keep my car with me for all the weekend trips. Anyhow with all the features (location, included covered parking, etc etc) I was looking for and within my budget, I have zeroed it down to Solera Apartments in lodo(Boston Lofts was a close contender)

Anyone living there currently or in the past, can you share your thoughts please?
I have a friend who lives next door at 2020 Lawrence (same developer) and is happy. There are tons of homeless just a few blocks north on Lawrence so if that concerns you I would look elsewhere, but the complex itself is very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver