Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM

139 posts, read 220,118 times

Advertisements

I will be near Yosemite and Arapahoe I believe. Is this area safe? Are there any parks nearby? I love walking trails and was told Greenwood Village is full of them. Are they in nice areas? Are there lots of gangs? Is it safe to be outside after dark? Thanks for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,348,672 times
Boo! You are creating goblins in your mind.

The area is safe as can be expected. Gang?, yea gangs of white collar, lexus driving egomaniacs. As such, your biggest danger is car driving which is the most dangerous activity in this heavy traffic area.

This area is dense urban office and upscale apartment area; not very walkable and few if any parks. However there parks east of the DTC off Orchard. Greenwood Village is mainly large estate homes to the west and office parks. It meets Centennial to the south in this area and there are more parks.

On the weekends the area of the DTC is mostly dead around the office parks and many of the apartment residents roam, run and walk among the buildings. My sister lived right in the DTC and it was a strange environment on the weekends.

I only live there if I worked nearby for the short commute. The area does not offer much of a good place to live for me.

VB

Old 10-29-2015, 01:49 PM

77 posts, read 126,960 times
I had to laugh when I read this but well put: "yea gangs of white collar, lexus driving egomaniacs" and very pricise with your description. I live couple miles down the road in Centennial near Arapahoe and Holly and it's quite safe however ever once and a while there is a break in or something petty.

Lots of parks and about everything you need.. It's an okay area which I've lived in for many years but I'm ready for a change.. Good luck with the move.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:41 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,549,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

The area is safe as can be expected. Gang?, yea gangs of white collar, lexus driving egomaniacs. As such, your biggest danger is car driving which is the most dangerous activity in this heavy traffic area.

VB
Well said. Hahaha.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:12 PM

17,672 posts, read 29,570,689 times
Default Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenretriever1234 View Post
Are there lots of gangs? Is it safe to be outside after dark?)
Yes!
Republicans. The most evil form of life in greater Denver.

Not safe if you are a Normal human.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,933,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post

This area is dense urban office and upscale apartment area; not very walkable and few if any parks. However there parks east of the DTC off Orchard. Greenwood Village is mainly large estate homes to the west and office parks. It meets Centennial to the south in this area and there are more parks.

On the weekends the area of the DTC is mostly dead around the office parks and many of the apartment residents roam, run and walk among the buildings. My sister lived right in the DTC and it was a strange environment on the weekends.

I only live there if I worked nearby for the short commute. The area does not offer much of a good place to live for me.

VB
DTC is so dead in the evenings and weekends that a Tilted Kilt even went out of business.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:47 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,448,458 times
I just want to be clear that the same guy who was making declarative statements about the safety of Denver is worried about gangsin Greenwood Village and Castle Pines.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:28 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,922,843 times
Quote:
I will be near Yosemite and Arapahoe I believe. Is this area safe? Are there any parks nearby? I love walking trails and was told Greenwood Village is full of them. Are they in nice areas? Are there lots of gangs? Is it safe to be outside after dark? Thanks for any info
Drive down there this weekend and look around. You don't have an accurate view of the DTC area and therefore you are asking the wrong questions. The first thing you should be worried about is the difference in rent. IIRC you live in Greely.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:51 PM

23 posts, read 21,869 times
You should be plenty safe in GV…..lots of money in this hood. Peakview ave between Havana and Dayton is a lil sketchy but only at night. Other than that your fine.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:18 PM

686 posts, read 2,426,985 times
Quote:
Westlands Park is right off Quebec and Orchard, next to Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club. Very nice park with good walking paths that you can take up to Belleview and beyond if you wish. I walked my dogs here daily when I was in the neighborhood.

Greenwood Village Official Website! - Westlands Park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver