Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 996 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I just moved to Denver at the end of October and am close to securing a job in nonprofit downtown. I have a short-term room rental in Cap Hill through 12/31, but then need to find a new room / place. I was hoping some folks here might have suggestions based on what I'm looking for!

Here's what I'm thinking:

Cost: I'd like to spend $750 or less for a room. Every dollar not spent is a dollar saved, so lower the better. I'd be open to a studio or 1br for $800 or less, utilities included.

Accessibility: It would be great to be able to walk to work, but I'm guessing I could save by moving out of the city a bit. So, it'd be nice to be able to easily (i.e., preferably on a bike path, or on super bike friendly roads) be able to bike to work. I think 10 miles or less one way would work well.

Parking: I'd like to live somewhere where parking is easy and plentiful. I've had an issue with this already in my short stay in Cap Hill.

Community: I'd like to live somewhere that feels safe. It'd be great to be somewhere that's bike friendly, possibly more accessible to the mountains/hiking, or where there's a lot of green space in town.

Thanks in advance! If you have any questions, let me know.

Dennis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 12:55 PM

17,701 posts, read 29,780,972 times
padmapper.com
Hotpads.com

Good luck and welcome to one of the tightest rental markets in the USA.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:13 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,393,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denefi View Post
Hi!

I just moved to Denver at the end of October and am close to securing a job in nonprofit downtown. I have a short-term room rental in Cap Hill through 12/31, but then need to find a new room / place. I was hoping some folks here might have suggestions based on what I'm looking for!

Here's what I'm thinking:

Cost: I'd like to spend $750 or less for a room. Every dollar not spent is a dollar saved, so lower the better. I'd be open to a studio or 1br for $800 or less, utilities included.

Accessibility: It would be great to be able to walk to work, but I'm guessing I could save by moving out of the city a bit. So, it'd be nice to be able to easily (i.e., preferably on a bike path, or on super bike friendly roads) be able to bike to work. I think 10 miles or less one way would work well.

Parking: I'd like to live somewhere where parking is easy and plentiful. I've had an issue with this already in my short stay in Cap Hill.

Community: I'd like to live somewhere that feels safe. It'd be great to be somewhere that's bike friendly, possibly more accessible to the mountains/hiking, or where there's a lot of green space in town.

Thanks in advance! If you have any questions, let me know.

Dennis
Why did not mention anything about Public Transit? Are you afraid of Public Transit? Do you come from a place where public transit is not used and not considered? I find it strange if you are into bicycling (which I admire), hiking and walking that you would not even ask about public transit. Also, I have found those who work in nonprofit are some of the best advocates for public transit.

We have a very large well regarded system and is being noticed nationwide in our amazing expansion of the system. That is important as downtown Denver is very available from many areas with a easy, safe, fast, commute by public transit. That will give you many more options to find housing and being near public transit, you will not need to have the expense of a car.

I have worked with many nonprofit agencies and many provide transit passes either free or subsidized to their employees.

Since you like bicycling, all buses and rail allow you to carry your bike. Also, at many transit stations their are bike lockers. This is a very bike friendly city with many bike paths.

Here is some links:

Our Transit Agency: RTD
Be sure to examine Fastracks, which is the huge project to expand public transit in the area. In 2016, there will be many new rail lines and buses will change dramatically. Also, be aware that Downtown is easy to get around as it connected by two free shuttles.

Bike-n-Ride: RTD

Bicycle Routes:

https://www.denvergov.org/content/de...bike-maps.html

Denver Regional Bicycle Map

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 11-06-2015 at 01:26 PM..

Old 11-06-2015, 01:17 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,942,541 times
Where is work?

Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 AM

214 posts, read 259,910 times
I would either plan on spending more money or plan on splitting a two bedroom with a roommate. You might be able to find a garden level studio for $800 per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: