U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 10:12 PM
axg axg started this thread

4 posts, read 2,972 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are looking at a few properties in this zip code - does anyone have experience with the light rail and surrounding area there? Is it safe? Safe enough for my wife to walk 0.5 miles east on Floyd Ave at night (7-10pm)?

The crime map looked pretty light. Do a lot of homeless hang around the busier streets or Cushing Park?

Properties/neighborhoods we are looking at for reference:
http://www.recolorado.com/homes-for-...0110-161988456
http://www.recolorado.com/homes-for-...0110-164585555
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 PM

568 posts, read 1,044,592 times
The area by the Oxford station is pretty sleepy. The area Englewood City Center Station is busier with commercial and multi-family unit nearby. I can't recall seeing homeless people wandering around Englewood.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:38 AM

9,568 posts, read 5,764,693 times
Homeless do hang around Cushing Park and the City Center area (Englewood station, Walmart, etc.) but not the Oxford station area. Personally I don't think I'd feel comfortable making that walk down Floyd alone after dark but everyone's perception of safety is different. I don't believe that random stranger on stranger crime is common though based on crime stats for the area.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:23 PM

2,561 posts, read 1,806,132 times
I'm a little biased on this topic because I have fond memories of visiting my aunt in Englewood during the 60s, but I'll contribute to the discussion anyway.

I have high expectations for Englewood in the future because it's an inner-ring suburb with super easy access to downtown Denver, etc. Broadway is a direct route downtown. Many of the homes in the town are on the small side (some look almost amateur made), but with upgrades, these homes could be great. There are many trees in town, the light rail is nearby, and the downtown looks lively to me.

One of my best impressions of Englewood is the town's situation to the mountains: it's just close enough to the mountains to provide beautiful views of them, and yet the town is far enough away from them to provide a panoramic view.

Let me know what you think of Englewood. I admit my knowledge of the town is limited.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:39 AM

2,455 posts, read 2,610,218 times
We go to the free summer concerts each week at the Englewood light rail station. There are some homeless around, but I'd say it's not bad compared to what people complain about in downtown Denver. I agree that the Oxford Station is pretty sleepy but I would prefer safety in numbers, more people about, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver