Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 07:30 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times

Advertisements

Unreal the lady there flat out lied and when I called her out on it said "you just dont know". First she swears there will be a foot of snow on Monday, I told her she is full of it and insisted the online weather forecasts are lies. Then she told me we really need a GPS, I assured het I lived in Denver for six years, Id be fine. She said you have no idea how many roads have changed and tried to make me take a GPS at $9.99 a day. I told her no and she just added it anyway, I caught it when the invoice came. SI told her please bring your manager, this unacceptable to which she said the manager was out. I raised my voice to make sure all the scams were known to the many people standing in line and over comes the manager! Unbelievable. Then a last insult she insists I have to take the $5.99 towing coverage even though I have it with my car insurance. She said its part of the car rental requirement at DIA. I called her the biggest liar I.hace ever encountered in Denver and she got furious. The manager came over and finished the rental off, but stl stuck with the towing charge which I will fight through other channels.

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this joke of an outfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 09:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Sounds like you just met a really bad sales lady.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:10 PM

473 posts, read 848,951 times
One anecdotal experience, (or a bad salespersons misrepresenting upsells) isn't representative of an entire company.

In these cases I don't make a scene or call people liars, doing so makes it personal and immediately puts one on the defensive instead of working with you. (Plus we've all seen those people getting huffy with CSRs and know how silly it looks.)

I simply stick to the transaction, remove any anger or emotion, and firmly state what I will pay for and what I won't based on the original agreement. I save all paperwork and if discrepancies are not resolved with the company I easily dispute/chargeback on my credit card.

Just dispute the $5.99 and move on - you can do it with your CC online in two minutes.

Old 11-17-2015, 12:31 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Hertz tries to upsell me every time. The last time really got my temper up.

Last time I rented, in DFW in early October, I had all sorts of problems with them..... ordered / reserved a car with GPS but they gave me a car without it and it was full of some other person's belongings who had the same issue as I did over GPS. The car I eventually got, after some hassle, had GPS but reeked of tobacco smoke, needed air in the tires, had windows glazed over with tobacco smoke, etc. I gave Hertz an earful.

Seems that things in the USA are going to hell in a number of ways. Seems that more and more we're stuck in a dreadful place I call YOYO land. YOYO stands for You're On Your Own, aka Buyer Beware, aka Caveat Emptor, and IMO it's going to get worse.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:59 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
One anecdotal experience, (or a bad salespersons misrepresenting upsells) isn't representative of an entire company.

In these cases I don't make a scene or call people liars, doing so makes it personal and immediately puts one on the defensive instead of working with you. (Plus we've all seen those people getting huffy with CSRs and know how silly it looks.)

I simply stick to the transaction, remove any anger or emotion, and firmly state what I will pay for and what I won't based on the original agreement. I save all paperwork and if discrepancies are not resolved with the company I easily dispute/chargeback on my credit card.

Just dispute the $5.99 and move on - you can do it with your CC online in two minutes.
I rent a lot of cars and this one was comical. I get it, they get compensated based on upsell items, but this lady was flat out lying and showed no shame in it.

And you must be crazy, if I sign the agreement no CC company will rescind a charge. I was told about it and protested because if it gets on the agreement then it's going to stick. You can't just go back and say well I didn't agree with the charge, they will tell you if you didn't like it you should have refused the car. Which is how car companies lock you in, they know no one else is going to match their rate on same day rentals. I put in a complaint with DIA but like they care. Payless does this in other cities too, its a good ongoing fraud they have going.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:52 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,207,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I rent a lot of cars and this one was comical. I get it, they get compensated based on upsell items, but this lady was flat out lying and showed no shame in it.

And you must be crazy, if I sign the agreement no CC company will rescind a charge. I was told about it and protested because if it gets on the agreement then it's going to stick. You can't just go back and say well I didn't agree with the charge, they will tell you if you didn't like it you should have refused the car. Which is how car companies lock you in, they know no one else is going to match their rate on same day rentals. I put in a complaint with DIA but like they care. Payless does this in other cities too, its a good ongoing fraud they have going.
There are so many options in DEN....why didn't you just go to a different company?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: