U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM

53 posts, read 45,155 times

Advertisements

I'm a relative newbie here so don't want to overstep the boundaries, but I wanted to put a plug in for DCIS schools for families moving to Denver. As we were restricting our home search to the usual school boundaries that would put our kids in the best Denver public schools, we almost missed DCIS. It is seldom mentioned here but in our short 7 month residency I met a number of parents who were trying to choice into DCIS AT Fairmont. It was recently reopened and everyone I've spoken with is extremely pleased. Additionally, the DCIS HS which is fed by Fairmont is ranked #13 in Colorado.
Just something to consider for those looking to relocate and love Baker! Thoughts from you all who are natives??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 03:11 PM

4,873 posts, read 9,616,291 times
What is a DCIS?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:35 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
What is a DCIS?
Denver Center for International Studies at Fairmont opens - The Denver Post

Old 12-11-2015, 06:27 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,811,563 times
Is there an enrollment map for DCIS Fairmont or is it a school you have to choice into?

Old 12-11-2015, 09:19 AM

53 posts, read 45,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
Is there an enrollment map for DCIS Fairmont or is it a school you have to choice into?
There is a boundary for the elementary school within Baker but I'm not sure exactly how the high school operates. It seems, and I could be wrong, that there are choice spots available because it is still a bit of a hidden gem. I do know that if the child is in the elementary they are automatically able to attend the HS. We didn't realize this at first because all of the homes in the area are listed as feeding into West HS, which wasn't an option for us. Hope that helps!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:57 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,811,563 times
People who move into Denver have to attend their local school for the first year and then choice in, so it's hard to recommend schools that require this step. I have done some google searches and I can't find DCIS Fairmont's attendance map. If you have a link to it, please post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or