U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 11:31 AM

64 posts, read 64,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We moved from the LA area to Stapleton 10 years ago, and have had no problems with our house (it was new when we moved in). It took about 7 months for it to be built.

I don't see how you get "cookie cutter" out of Stapleton since it's about as non cookie cutter as you will ever find in a new development. So many styles of houses, and they mix the builders up so you don't have all the same builder in one area. Castle Rock and Park always strike me as more cookie cutter, where all the houses are some shade of beige and the same builder builds out an entire neighborhood. Plus, Stapleton has a fair number of larger custom build homes.

But anyway, if you don't like "the city", then you'd hate Stapleton. I don't know where you can find the social interaction of Stapleton, but houses far apart. It seems like the further apart houses are, the more the residents want nothing to do with their neighbors.
Interesting. Maybe we didn't see all of Stapleton. The quality of builds didn't seem great to us. Not to say that ALL of the homes are poorly built, but today's builders aren't like they were 20-30 years ago, and I personally can tell the difference, especially in 'developments'.

The house we are under contract on, out of all of the homes we've seen and look at on line, not one looks like it. But the original owners are the only ones who have lived there, and had the home custom built in the 90's. I didn't really notice the similarity between homes in Parker, Timbers, High Prairie Farms and parts of Castle Rock, unless it is again, those huge named builders like DR, etc.

The lots in Stapleton were just too small for us. And we loved stapleton's neighborhood vibe. Many houses didn't have yards. Ones that did, the yard was very tiny and we would have to draw the curtains at night just to not be seen on all sides by our neighbors. There was a neighborhood, not stapleton, in Denver (metro/proper) can't remember the name, but the homes started at 1.2 million and went up. IT. WAS. GORGEOUS. The lots weren't huge, but big enough that you had a sense of privacy, mature trees, just gorgeous. We simply couldn't find a house there that we liked. Though there was a $3.5 million one that was breathtaking lol.

We like a large lot, not b/c we don't want to meet or interact, it's just that we don't like to look into other pp.'s homes, or have them look right into ours. Right now our lot in LA is big, but it's left or right not back to front. Our neighbors right behind us and the ones in front are very close. They never speak. The ones in front will occasionally wave as we pull pass each other in our respective driveways, but it's not this communal vibe that seemed to be in Stapleton. Also, our neighbors behind us are HORRIBLE. Junk in their driveway, RV's, trucks, cars. We can hear them talk, yell, argue, dog barking in the early a.m., smell them smoking cigs/and cigars, smell them burning their wood…all things that are normal for ppl to do, but are annoying. We don't want to deal with that. If I want to walk around naked in my home, that's what I want to do without worrying about who can see me. I want my backyard to be a getaway, that is uninterrupted. BUT I still love meeting people, interacting, etc. I'm not anti-social whatsoever. So it's a catch 22 I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 09:45 PM

40 posts, read 75,774 times
Katarina,

Sorry but you are wrong, Alliern is not shaving any time off the commute time. She is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You don't get my point.

1. It's not all different roads. He took I-70 from Ward Rd. to Genessee. Go a little farther into the mountains and you get to Evergreen.

2. You're shaving at least 15minutes off the drive times, in good weather.

ETA: I see the OP isn't interested in Evergreen in any event.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:44 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,295,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie'sMom View Post
Interesting. Maybe we didn't see all of Stapleton. The quality of builds didn't seem great to us. Not to say that ALL of the homes are poorly built, but today's builders aren't like they were 20-30 years ago, and I personally can tell the difference, especially in 'developments'.

The house we are under contract on, out of all of the homes we've seen and look at on line, not one looks like it. But the original owners are the only ones who have lived there, and had the home custom built in the 90's. I didn't really notice the similarity between homes in Parker, Timbers, High Prairie Farms and parts of Castle Rock, unless it is again, those huge named builders like DR, etc.

The lots in Stapleton were just too small for us. And we loved stapleton's neighborhood vibe. Many houses didn't have yards. Ones that did, the yard was very tiny and we would have to draw the curtains at night just to not be seen on all sides by our neighbors. There was a neighborhood, not stapleton, in Denver (metro/proper) can't remember the name, but the homes started at 1.2 million and went up. IT. WAS. GORGEOUS. The lots weren't huge, but big enough that you had a sense of privacy, mature trees, just gorgeous. We simply couldn't find a house there that we liked. Though there was a $3.5 million one that was breathtaking lol.

We like a large lot, not b/c we don't want to meet or interact, it's just that we don't like to look into other pp.'s homes, or have them look right into ours. Right now our lot in LA is big, but it's left or right not back to front. Our neighbors right behind us and the ones in front are very close. They never speak. The ones in front will occasionally wave as we pull pass each other in our respective driveways, but it's not this communal vibe that seemed to be in Stapleton. Also, our neighbors behind us are HORRIBLE. Junk in their driveway, RV's, trucks, cars. We can hear them talk, yell, argue, dog barking in the early a.m., smell them smoking cigs/and cigars, smell them burning their wood…all things that are normal for ppl to do, but are annoying. We don't want to deal with that. If I want to walk around naked in my home, that's what I want to do without worrying about who can see me. I want my backyard to be a getaway, that is uninterrupted. BUT I still love meeting people, interacting, etc. I'm not anti-social whatsoever. So it's a catch 22 I guess.
I prefer the small lots. We're on a corner, so no house on one side, and the windows don't align with our next door neighbors, so it's really no issue for me. When we have the windows open, I can hear their kids playing in their back yard on the trampoline, but usually my kids are on it too, so it doesn't bother me. I also like not having to spend much to water my grass/landscaping, and not spending more than 10 min. to mow it

The larger custom homes in Stapleton are on larger lots (we're not talking an acre, but definitely a back yard and set back further from the street) and they run in the $1.2 to $1.5 million range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver