Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 AM

556 posts, read 762,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I live in Western Colorado but was a Littleton resident from '71 to '93. I have several friends I visit in the Littleton/Centennial area. The areas they live are basically in the 81520 area. One lives near Sterns Park, just south of Littleton Blvd. and west of Windermere. Another lives near Caley St. and Huron. Those areas haven't changed a lot but I've always liked those neighborhoods. Another area I'd recommend is neighborhoods along Ridge Rd. from Broadway heading west to Windermere. I had a condo in that area, lived there for 13 years.
This is great, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 10:10 AM

57 posts, read 99,228 times
Maybe you should consider the Highland Ranch area, Douglas County, here's a link to Highlands Ranch Metro: Distric Highlands Ranch Metro District | Highlands Ranch, Colorado. But I have to say that Littleton schools are one of the best out there and Old Town Littleton and the surrounding neighborhood is quite nice to.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:48 AM

556 posts, read 762,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayra285 View Post
Maybe you should consider the Highland Ranch area, Douglas County, here's a link to Highlands Ranch Metro: Distric Highlands Ranch Metro District | Highlands Ranch, Colorado. But I have to say that Littleton schools are one of the best out there and Old Town Littleton and the surrounding neighborhood is quite nice to.
I'm currently considering Highlands Ranch, West Centennial (near DTC), and I'm starting to look at Littleton. My wife and I initially dismissed it due to our inability to get feel for it, but I wanted to check in with others who would have more knowledge of the area.

But I feel in love with highlands ranch years ago and that is where I have wanted to move to for a long time. However, the current school situation there concerns me and I'm considering other cities as well.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
OP, I think you are over-analyzing this a bit. The best advice I got when we moved once was from a friend who had previously lived where we were moving. She said there were good school districts and bad school districts there but we wouldn't buy a house in a bad district. Best advice I ever got about schools, and I like to pass it on. You're not going to buy some trashed-out house. When you look at a house, drive around the whole area, see if you like what you see. If you're concerned about living near other families I'd suggest going with something fairly new, and look for stuff like bikes, trikes, toys around (harder to do in winter I know). If you see lots of cars parked in front of houses, there are probably teens/college students living there. I should know, we once had 4 cars and only two of them fit in the garage.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver