Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 06:39 PM

15 posts, read 20,179 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your replies. Currently I live in south Florida and have a new construction community with an Hoa. We are open to new construction or resale as long as it's turn key. We have down a lot of construction in our home and I can't go through that again. I would say up to 30 min commute would be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 07:13 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Would you do new construction if was nearly completed? I can recommend window covering designers & landscapers - if that is your preference.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:09 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
Littleton is a huge area and a very long commute. Wash Park is fantastic, but the commute across downtown Denver can be tough. Stapleton is a good match---the commute down 270/36 can be easy sometimes, rough at other times. Very social neighborhood---but you'd want to be on the west side right now for close retail amenities. The east side is still a trek, but Stanley Marketplace (https://www.zagat.com/b/denver/stanl...-in-early-2016) is opening this summer and the Eastbridge Town Center **should** open in the fall - Eastbridge Town Center Stores Announced - Front Porch Stapleton.
OP said she drives 5 minutes to things. Even on the east side (as far east as it gets in Stapleton, I'm in Bluff Lake), it's only 5-10 minutes to the town center and up to Northfield going the back way past the prison. And of course, in a year or so, we'll finally have the Eastbridge town center and hopefully some additional development on this side as the Aurora part of Stapleton starts construction.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't live in Stapleton with a commute to Broomfield. I think it's a very good match otherwise for the OP's situation but that's more of a commute than I'd want to take on. Not necessarily every day, but enough times when you hit bad traffic. I am admittedly very commute adverse though, and most people probably have a bit more tolerance than I do.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:20 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It2244 View Post
What is it about those two areas ? We are originally from NY so we are used to commuting. My husband said he's willing to sacrifice time in the car for us to find the right place. It's so overwhelming. My husband works with people who live in Littleton, Stapleton and Washington park. Any feedback on those areas?

I love where I live (Wash Park), but would not want to make that drive every day. Also, look at the sold price on this house for an idea of what you would get for the money in Wash Park right now: 560 S Race St, Denver, CO 80209 | Zillow

Louisville will get you closer to the job, has a nice little downtown area, and will get you more house for the money.

You may be used to commuting, but that certainly doesn't mean you need to.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:27 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
I struggle to come up with 10 rated middle schools. This one is a 9 for middle and 8 for high school. Bradburn is instant community and you can walk to Whole Foods. Lots of shopping nearby. Walk to library. Easy access to trails.
4175 W 116th Way, Westminster, CO 80031 | Zillow

Edit:
Quote from a poster who lives in Bradburn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
Check out my neighborhood, Bradburn Village in Westminster. A walkable, new urbanist neighborhood with excellent home schools. From every home in Bradburn, it's a 5-15 min (one way) walk to 14 restaurants, 2 bars, 2 organic grocers (Whole Foods and Sprouts), multiple services (dentists, hair salons, gyms, liquor store, car repair place, Starbucks, many other stores), 10 parks, and the huge Dry Creek Open Space.

Our home schools are elementary: Cotton Creek (rated 9 on Greatschools.org), Westlake Middle School (also rated a 9), and Legacy High School (rated an 8). I've had a kid in these schools and have had an excellent experience, as have my neighbors.

Bradburn is a new neighborhood (established in 2002), but all construction is now finished. It's built with homes in neotraditional styles, most with alley loaded garages, and all with front porches. Wide sidewalks all with tree buffers to protect pedestrians. As a result of pedestrian oriented construction, most homes have small yards. Neighborhood is super, super social with many events through the year and neighbors are very friendly--everyone knows everyone like a small town. Loads of kids, mostly middle school age and down.

30 minutes to downtown Denver, 30-40 to downtown Boulder in traffic, less than that when not rush hour.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:40 AM

698 posts, read 2,047,301 times
Bradburn a good fit, I agree. I rarely drive more than 5 minutes to anything (or I walk). There are massive amounts of retail now at 120th and Sheridan, and they are adding more. The house you listed was on the market and then they took it off, but I know they still want to sell (I'm not a realtor, I just know everyone.)

Lots of middle school kids, we fill our own bus to Westlake, which is an excellent school. Very limited inventory right now but I know several people are waiting until spring to list. Also agree with other posters, the commute here from Stapleton or Wash Park to Westminster would suuuuuuck.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:50 AM

How about the school: peak to peak that school seems like a good option for my kids. It seems strong academically and has a soccer team for my daughter. if you live in Westminster or Louisville can you go still go there? My husband actually just drove by that community and said it was really nice.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:01 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
Here's the website. They are taking applications for the 2016-2017 school year.
http://www.peaktopeak.org/pages/Peak...CS/K-12_School

You will be responsible for transportation to and from school.

If this is your school, live nearby.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:18 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
I hope someone jumps in if I'm wrong but Peak-to-peak is a very popular charter school. The enrollment deadline for next year is Jan. 15th.
https://oe.bvsd.org/BVSD/englishFron...oice-setupList

There are many good schools around. The way to guarantee admission into one of them is to live in the service area they are required to take. The next year you can apply to the lottery charters.

Here are the FAQ. Yes you can live anywhere and apply. Ques. #3.
Open Enrollment - General Questions

Information on applying to the school:
http://www.peaktopeak.org/pages/Peak...verview_F/FAQs

Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM

I'm not 100 percent if I'm relocating with kids this summer 2016. My kids wanted to finish elementary school and middle school with their friends. This would be 2017/18 school. My daughter would then be in 6th grade and son 9th. I'm coming down this month to visit and explore. Do exceptional grades and gifted label make a difference in getting in? Is layfette comparable to Louisville to live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver