U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 25 days ago)

10,890 posts, read 29,335,340 times

Advertisements

Not all Cherry Creek schools feed into Cherry Creek High School. So you can have your pick there.

Driving from Littleton the city, to Buckley would be 40 minutes and easily could triple that in snow, bad weather, construction or accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 01:30 PM

3,466 posts, read 1,704,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggoo View Post
Important is good schools, neighborhood with lots of kids, parks and walking paths in the neighborhood would be great. We looked at Stapleton years ago I'll have to come back and check it out. How is Lowry?
Lowry has an awesome beer garden.

From someone who only lived in Stapleton for a couple of months and drives though Lowry only once a week, Lowry has more of a small town feel to me. It seems quieter. I prefer the small shops in Lowry to those in Stapleton, but I know that will change and Stapleton is getting more. Stapleton is definitely bigger and busier. FWIW I've encountered panhandlers in both of their shopping areas.

Quote:
I prefer schools with a smaller population especially in high school.
Good luck! When we moved here I couldn't believe how large the schools were.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:51 PM

72 posts, read 81,629 times
Where we are in Ohio the high school has around 3300 kids. It's crazy and the main reason that he is in private school. I'm thinking Cherry Creek schools will probably be our best best. Easy commute and affordable houses. I would love to avoid very military neighborhoods. We ended up in one in the springs and it felt very transient. No one seemed to be willing to get to know people because eveyone was temporary.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 PM

3,466 posts, read 1,704,920 times
Quote:
Where we are in Ohio the high school has around 3300 kids. It's crazy and the main reason that he is in private school. I'm thinking Cherry Creek schools will probably be our best best. Easy commute and affordable houses. I would love to avoid very military neighborhoods. We ended up in one in the springs and it felt very transient. No one seemed to be willing to get to know people because eveyone was temporary.
meggoo, I think any most-military neighborhoods would be closer to the base in Aurora. There are several Buckley-area folks where I am in SE Aurora (near Arapahoe), but not just military. There are a lot of defense contractors in that area and up towards the airport, and this is a popular place for them to live. If anything, we seem to have more DTC-ers and teachers in my neighborhood than military.

ETA: IMO neighborhoods in the northeastern parts of the CCSD, such as the Copperleaf neighborhood and areas off of Hampden Ave will probably have more military families than the areas further south and southeast.

Last edited by Gorges; 01-15-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 02:58 PM

Thank you all for your input I may be back with more questions. Fingers crossed he gets the job!

Old 01-15-2016, 09:00 PM

568 posts, read 1,045,823 times
Quote:
The high school in Stapleton, Northfield High School, is currently built for 900 students, with room to expand in the future when Stapleton's baby boom reaches high school age.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:27 PM

22 posts, read 23,846 times
Default Tall grass

Tall grass is a great community right off 470 at the Qunicy exit and across from new builds...parks in neighborhood, school and you get a much newer home between 400-500k. I would seek that out first before a new build. You also are a 10-15 minute drive from the base. In Cherry Creek School district also. You also get more house for your money vs. the newer neighborhoods.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:45 AM

947 posts, read 1,256,814 times
How about these resources!

Aurora Chamber of Commerce – Visitor/Relocation Services

Denver Relocation Guide | Guide to Moving to or Living in Denver

http://www.denver.org/about-denver/moving/?close=1

Old 01-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Things are progressing no the job front but the more I research the more overwhelming it all becomes. It seems the independent schools are too expensive and the Catholic schools are a possibility but they seem almost too Catholic. So we are thinking public schools. I have heard complaints from a few friends in Cherry Creek schools that they have grown too quickly and they can't accommodate the students. We have friends who recommended Parker but I have read about the concerns with Douglas county schools and worry that may not be a good fit either. We will also look in Stapleton when we come out but I think that my husband may not be happy with the houses being so close together. He is more or a suburban guy.
Suggestions? Is what I hear about Cherry Creek correct? Anyone have suggestions of alternative areas or schools. New are able to pay but not $20,000 a year for kindergarten. We have family in Castle Pines. Is that a good option.
Final question is all Kindergarten half day?

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2016, 08:43 AM

21,038 posts, read 11,669,686 times
can't speak to other districts but in Denver Public Schools, half day kindergarten is what is provided for free but the schools all offer full day. You pay for full day - I think it's about $300ish a month now (sliding scale based on income - that's the max). The full day and half day are the same classrooms, but you can take your child home before lunch if you don't want full day. These days, it seems like the vast majority do the full day. In my son's class, the half day kids were able to stay the full day when they had field trips or special events, parties, etc. in the afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or