U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 07:19 AM

7,335 posts, read 16,590,164 times

Advertisements

Looking it up online, Castle Rock is part of the Front Range Urban Corridor as are numerous towns/cities up and down I-25, including Denver.

When we lived in Parker, at Hilltop and Parker Rd., I drove 28 miles to work in Denver. My job was approx. one mile north of Coors Field. My supervisor drove from Castle Rock. Neither my supervisor or I considered ourselves living as a part of Denver. I think there are many people that live in Castle Rock, Parker, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch and areas around them wouldn't consider themselves part of Denver. Yes, there are those that drive/work in Denver, but that's it. Only for special occasions did we go to Denver on a weekend, like to see the Rockett's when they were there. We done all of our shopping in Parker or Lone Tree. Boated on both Chatfield and Cherry Creek lakes/reservoirs, fished on Chatfield.

We loved living in Parker and drove down to Castle Rock sometimes because of the "country" type atmosphere both had. Like I've stated in other Denver, Co threads, we are into the way Denver and Colorado was years ago and still is (somewhat). With a pro-rodeo in Castle Rock and a major rodeo, along with livestock in Denver each year, that's what we like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 12:05 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,538,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It's about a twenty-five minute drive without traffic. I used to do it all the time.
same for me. from my garage in Parker to my parking garage downtown near 18th & California, it's about 25 minutes in the morning. 30-35 minutes or so on the way home (I leave downtown Denver @ 2:30)

I actually enjoy commuting. Kind of a way to unwind after work, listening to music or sports radio.

Born and raised in DC, and having lived in Seattle proper, I've spent 22 of my 33 years on earth living in big cities. At this point in my life, I prefer a short commute to live in the burbs rather than live in the city.

Viva la suburbs!*

*opinions may vary.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:56 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,882,341 times
Castle Rock and Parker have long been considered part of the metro area much like Conifer and Evergreen are.

Back in the old days of rotary dial telephones, long distance phone calls and a single state-wide area code, a call to Castle Rock (and Conifer, Evergreen, and Boulder) was local call.

Castle Rock (like Littleton, Englewood, and Arvada) has a long local history, but these towns are no longer self-sufficient. Most of the people who live here work somewhere else. Castle Rock is tied economically to the Denver area (not the Colorado Springs area), as most CR residents work in the Denver metro area.

While it is not apparent from the interstate, there is continuous development from the Denver metro area to Castle Rock (Highlands Ranch/Lone Tree >> Castle Pines >> Castle Rock or Highlands Ranch >> Louviers >> Sedelia >> Castle Pines >> Castle Rock)

Castle Rock WAS part of RTD but they voted themselves out of the RTD district in about 2005. It IS part of the stadium district and the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or