U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 AM
 
21 posts, read 20,081 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Can anyone who lives in the Littleton area shed some light on some of the neighborhoods we are looking at? Grant Ranch seems to have great curb appeal, with fairly new homes. Fox Haven also looks similar. We are looking for a 4-5 bedroom home with a decent sized lot ideally for under $1M. Lots of kids in the neighborhood, easy access to downtown, and safe, friendly community are all a must. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 AM
 
Location: The Berk in Denver, CO USA
13,964 posts, read 20,232,249 times
Reputation: 22603
Drive there.
Park your car.
Spend hours walking around.
There, that was easy.

And, NextDoor.com

Last edited by davebarnes; 01-19-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2016, 11:28 AM
 
21 posts, read 20,081 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Drive there.
Park your car.
Spend hours walking around.
There, that was easy.
We obviously plan to do that, but commentary from folks that live in these neighborhoods is also helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 09:44 AM
 
Location: CO
2,455 posts, read 2,614,006 times
Reputation: 5191
The Grant Ranch story is an interesting one. At one time it was required that city employees of Denver actually live in the city and county of Denver which presented problems for those who wanted new houses and a suburban environment. When a large parcel of land became available on the very outskirts of Denver County Grant Ranch was planned. People waited in line to get bids in on houses and lots and there was quite a buying frenzy. Since then, that restriction on where you could live was lifted, but Grant Ranch still remains a desirable community with large, newer homes with close access to all the amenities. Hopefully you can get some input from those who actually live there and in nearby neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,891 posts, read 29,338,995 times
Reputation: 7095
Grant Ranch was developed by Shea Homes. It encompasses Denver/Denver County, Lakewood/Jefferson County and Littleton/unincorporated Jefferson County.

It is a nice upscale neighborhood. So is Governors Ranch but its housing stock is older. So is Beer Sisters Farm, Bow Mar (the city of), Pinehurst, Lakehurst.....

When there is little inventory to chose from, you, as a buyer, have to expand your search perimeters.

When you have expanded your search, and seen enough housing, you will get a feel for what works for you and what won't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 01:11 PM
 
21 posts, read 20,081 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
The Grant Ranch story is an interesting one. At one time it was required that city employees of Denver actually live in the city and county of Denver which presented problems for those who wanted new houses and a suburban environment. When a large parcel of land became available on the very outskirts of Denver County Grant Ranch was planned. People waited in line to get bids in on houses and lots and there was quite a buying frenzy. Since then, that restriction on where you could live was lifted, but Grant Ranch still remains a desirable community with large, newer homes with close access to all the amenities. Hopefully you can get some input from those who actually live there and in nearby neighborhoods.
Oh, that is very interesting. I can't wait to check it out in person hopefully this weekend. It looks very well maintained and seems to have relatively spacious lots. I appreciate your input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 01:13 PM
 
21 posts, read 20,081 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Grant Ranch was developed by Shea Homes. It encompasses Denver/Denver County, Lakewood/Jefferson County and Littleton/unincorporated Jefferson County.

It is a nice upscale neighborhood. So is Governors Ranch but its housing stock is older. So is Beer Sisters Farm, Bow Mar (the city of), Pinehurst, Lakehurst.....

When there is little inventory to chose from, you, as a buyer, have to expand your search perimeters.

When you have expanded your search, and seen enough housing, you will get a feel for what works for you and what won't work.
I figured there was little inventory now since we are just approaching the start of the historically most active real estate market (spring). I think our goal is to try to narrow down the neighborhoods/areas that we are most attracted to and be ready to jump on something when it gets listed in April or May. I know a lot of the listings now will be gone before we are ready to make an offer - we're mostly still in the info gathering stage, and we still have a house to sell ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,891 posts, read 29,338,995 times
Reputation: 7095
The spring selling season can start in February. I tell buyers to be ready between mid February and mid March for the most selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Na'alehu Hawaii/Buena Vista Colorado
4,881 posts, read 9,632,372 times
Reputation: 4957
Realtors, since different areas of Grant Ranch are in different jurisdictions, does that mean that they are also in different school districts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,891 posts, read 29,338,995 times
Reputation: 7095
Yes. Denver's and Jeffco's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:46 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top