U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Denver county repeal it's open carry ban?
Yes 19 41.30%
No 27 58.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 12:56 PM

898 posts, read 992,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
OC probably makes sense in rural areas (or walking out of a gun store to your car). At Starbucks or The Gap, not so much.
Agree with you, but what about Lakewood? Littleton? Boulder? I might be wrong but the OC ban is only in Denver county. Yet I don't see many people walking around with full size 1911's strapped to their waist out in the Belmar shopping plaza, or in downtown Littleton? Because it makes no sense, exactly. So what would be so different if Denver decided to repeal the ban? Personally, I still don't see a *good* reason to go through that, unless voters approve it, but I guess I don't see how things will be so different than they are right now.

I guess I am saying that what I am reading here is a bit unreasonable on both sides, but I can be naive and believe that people in general have some common sense...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:26 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,295,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Agree with you, but what about Lakewood? Littleton? Boulder? I might be wrong but the OC ban is only in Denver county. Yet I don't see many people walking around with full size 1911's strapped to their waist out in the Belmar shopping plaza, or in downtown Littleton? Because it makes no sense, exactly. So what would be so different if Denver decided to repeal the ban? Personally, I still don't see a *good* reason to go through that, unless voters approve it, but I guess I don't see how things will be so different than they are right now.

I guess I am saying that what I am reading here is a bit unreasonable on both sides, but I can be naive and believe that people in general have some common sense...
Probably so. The only place I've heard about people OC in unexpected public places is Texas, where they were trying to prove some point I guess. And people weren't very happy about it. The issue in the Springs where the OC dude ended up killing people is my main concern. Obviously he was a nut, but police should respond to someone carrying a rifle down a residential street in the suburbs, not just say, "that's legal, call back if he starts shooting". I would think that shooting any gun in a residential area is illegal, so carrying a gun in the open would imply you plan to shoot.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:38 PM

2,042 posts, read 3,629,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post

You've listed Phoenix as a place that has open carry laws~ yet we have had 7 fondling incidents in last week~ plus more than that in the valley~ also road rage incidents that result in shootings on a weekly basis or more~ incidences of people tossed out of parties of teens where those tossed proceed to shoot up the party~2 dead and one in serious condition last night.

If you think open carry or a lot of people with firearms is the answer you'd please stay out of the valley~ we already have too many idiots with guns.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:42 PM

2,701 posts, read 2,354,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
You've listed Phoenix as a place that has open carry laws~ yet we have had 7 fondling incidents in last week~ plus more than that in the valley~ also road rage incidents that result in shootings on a weekly basis or more~ incidences of people tossed out of parties of teens where those tossed proceed to shoot up the party~2 dead and one in serious condition last night.

If you think open carry or a lot of people with firearms is the answer you'd please stay out of the valley~ we already have too many idiots with guns.
We have a cultural problem in the US, allowing open carry or not isnt going to completely solve the issue. Banning inanimate objects doesn't solve problems. I'm moving whether you like it or not.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:22 PM

14,045 posts, read 20,368,649 times
Quote:
I'm moving whether you like it or not.
Thankfully

Old 01-30-2016, 10:52 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,566,167 times
Quote:
Banning inanimate objects doesn't solve problems.
It would be awesome if you ever looked at data. (Googling "gun bans don't work", then posting links to the top 4 hits doesn't count)

Quote:
I'm moving whether you like it or not.
Cannot wait to read your takes on utopia once you get there.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:37 PM

213 posts, read 122,197 times
I have only seen one open carry in Denver. Actually, it was outside a restaurant in Glendale. When we went in there was a fund-raiser for a Glendale PD program for kids, so maybe it was an off-duty cop, but it looked odd. My first though was that if I was a criminal I could sneak up on him and get a free gun, and no background check.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 PM

1,255 posts, read 927,836 times
Im pro gun, but i dont see the need for OC. If anything it lets a bad guy figure out who to take down first. IMO its a wasted argument. CC is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or